$7.55
      CO:
      $10.43
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $11.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, A.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.40, BU folds.

Flop: ($1.15) K, K, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.35) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10.

River: ($4.55) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.10, CO raises to $8.23(All-In), Hero calls $4.70.

Final Pot: $20.58.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      44/KJ/KQ and flush beat you
      Don´t see him shoving river too often with Ak, KT or smt like that so I think you can b/f river although it sucks a lot. Just no-one seems to bluffing there smt like 88
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      As to villain's holdings, KJ/KQ should have raised the flop. Tho this villain seems to be quite passive (limp/call OR). So those hands are possible.

Flush would have just called the river due to the paired board. Very few player in NL10 can value raise thin there.

I do think villain had a boat on the river.

As played, I don't like the cbet on flop and turn. On the flop too many hands, like mid pocket pairs, FD, or even AJ will not fold on a board like this. The turn cbet is a semi-bluff with a gut shot to non-heart Qs and on a paired board you might already be drawing dead.

I would check turn and see what villain does. If he is loose passive then you are more likely to get a free card than getting him to fold with a bet. Then I would just ch/c or ch/f the river depending on the bet size. We check because we don't want to be raised.

In this hand I would do whatever I can to avoid building a big pot with a mediocre holding like this.
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      I see absolutely 0 reasons to bet the river at this limit - it's highly unlikely he has AK (failed to raise pf or any street after that) or KT (would raise at least on of flop and turn streets most of the times). Anything else has you beat, and something like 88 won't call here except once in 1k similar hands, and that's a misclick anyway.. Ypu're betting just because you had a straight, which actually means nothing in the context of this hand. Don't bet because you have this or that, bet because the situation is good for a bet - sometimes even a flush or a boat is meaningless, other times third or second pair is good for a value bet. So that's it for the river.

On that flop, AT is a sucky hand to cbet. I imagine, because of the texture of the flop, you're gonna get called by any pocket pair plus FDs. I'd rather cbet 78 than AT because AT might get to the showdown and win now and then, unlike 78. Yes, it sucks to let go of the initiative like that, but the truth of the matter is you're getting called way to often. I understand you made your cbet small precisely because you're expecting to get called very often, but then why continue on the flop? When you get called on the flop it's pretty clear you're gonna have to fire 2 more bullets to get the villain off the hand, and you have very little equity. Don't bet bet bet with little equity at 10NL.. Or at any limit, for that matter, but especially at micro.