This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

TheIncredibleBulk's Poker Blog

• theincrediblebulk
      theincrediblebulk
      Bronze
      Hi guys, over here I will be updating my poker blog and career.

August 14th, 2010:

I started with PokerStrategy's $50 bankroll.
      Session lasted 2 hours, and I played heads up Omaha H/L for $2.20. I won a few and lost a few, but overall the play seemed weak.
      I moved on to Omaha H/L .25/.5 rush poker (never tried rush) - and it really was a rush! A bunch of fish and I got to $150, but then I drowned myself and got a bit unlucky, to end the session at $110.

This seems like a good game, so I'll test it out a bit more here and there- if I see that I can't beat it, I'll have stricter BR management, but for now the game there seems pretty loose (postflop).

August 15th, 2010:

.25/.5 PLO/8 Starting stack $110
      I played a 2.5 hour session.

In the beginning I usually try to see how the players are going, but as i'm playing the rush tables, it's harder to track. I'm playing for the scoop, and tight/aggressive but occasionally stealing pots with good wrap connectors or lo wrap connectors (i.e. 2345- 4567, 8910J and up, none of the middles).

On my 5th hand I was dealt A2JJ and it was a limped pot.
      Flop: KJ2... turn- 2...

Long story short I got stacked vs KK :(

I was down only $40 since I won $10 at the other table (yes a large part of my BR)

I kept playing and was slowly watching my stack grow- I lost a bad beat or two along the way, but mostly the game was easy- the first hand was the only one that really kicked, but not much I could have done.

I ended the session at $160 - I was up to $190, but I had the lo with 2 pair and lost $30 to a lo with a straight (quartered)... which is when I ended the session.
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I think playing .25/.5 blinds with your bankroll is pretty much suicide. That gives you 1 buy in, right? Two seeing as you won today. So if you end up going all in with the second nuts and the nuts calls (or rivers) you you're buggered.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Omaha H/L is a limit game and he has 100BB for the .25/.5 limit. This is still a bit on the risky side but not as much as you think fryandspicy. :)
    • theincrediblebulk
      theincrediblebulk
      Bronze
      I hear what you're saying, but this is a game that I can beat.

I had only 1 buyin in the beginning, but I won $10 from HU and decided to put in $20 (the minimum)- when I realized the game was fairly easy.

I'm up to $160.

FYI, this is PLO/8, not NL, so good pot control can come into use (both for big and small pots).

So right now I'm at 3 buyins- I just need to win another 22 buyins to correctly justify this, right? ;)

As soon as I see that the game gets harder I will move down to a different game- but as it's rush, and I can a) be more selective and b) have most opponents unable to catch my style of play since every hand you're up against different players, I'll take advantage for now.