[NL2-NL10] C-bet on the flop with A high

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

this hand was pretty standard till the flop. On the flop, I wanted to shove because the C-bet would be approximately half of my stack and it would make me committed. It might be a bad decision but I made a standard c-bet instead. The reason is, that fish seems to think that an overbet shove is a bluff and I was repeatedly called by players with bottom pair or A high. I callled the turn because I thought I'm committed........but this might be my second mistake.....During the last 2500-3000 hands I'm minus 20$ and I'm a bit desperate (at this moment I can't play NL10 any more and that is crucial to clear the starting capital).......I play according to the SHC and I keeeeeeep loosing....it is probalby wrong but sometimes I try different things to change something....I guess this is something subconscious... :(

Is an overbet shove profitable as a c-bet on the flop? I think such a big bet has to work a lot of times to be profitable... ?(

Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/$.10 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

SB ($4.57)
      BB ($4.54)
      UTG ($2.05)
      UTG+1 ($1.70)
      UTG+2 ($8.55)
      MP1 ($1.85)
      MP2 ($2.15)
      MP3 ($10.56)
      CO ($2.35) (Hero)
      BTN ($11.08)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , A:spade:
      1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 1 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.50,

Flop: 6:club: , 3:diamond: , Q:club: ( $1.45 )
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.90, MP2 calls $0.90,

Turn: 8:heart: ( $3.25 )
      MP2 bets $0.65, Hero raises All-In $0.85,

River: K:spade: ( $4.55 )
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you think both players are fishy enough to stack light then I would shove preflop with AJs.

generally if I raise to 60c, I would just overbet jam the Flop. Your argumentation is based on a couple of samples whereas the Math tells you that combining the times they are folding with the times they are calling you light in which you still have equity equals to profit

As played, i wouldn't call the TUrn because of the odds you get. With 5:1 you need 8 outs which you never have

Best regards,
      Gerv