[NL2-NL10] Rise with JJ, a call and a re-raise.....what to do?

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think, after a standard pre-flop raise is/might be profitable to call an all in re-raise against one opponent.......I don't know if this is correct, but I don't want to go all in against more than one with this hand. What to do in similar situations? Assume that the caller will fold and go all in against the re-raiser or assume the caller will go all in as well (because of the good pot odds) and fold JJ?

Thanks for the evaluation!

No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/$.10 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

MP1 ($5.08)
      MP2 ($9.90)
      MP3 ($1.90)
      CO ($1.55)
      BTN ($8.05)
      SB ($1.75)
      BB ($9.90)
      UTG ($10.56)
      UTG+1 ($2.00) (Hero)
      UTG+2 ($11.36)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:diamond: , J:spade:
      1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, MP2 raises to $1.75, 5 folds, Hero raises All-In $2.00, MP1 calls $1.60, MP2 calls $0.25,

Flop: A:spade: , 2:spade: , K:heart: ( $6.55 )
      MP1 checks, MP2 bets $1.70, 1 folds,

Turn: 2:club: ( $6.55 )

River: T:club: ( $6.55 )
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Look at the SHC and you wil see that you have to go all-in with TT+,AK

Mp1 has a relatively weak hand because he only called. If he had AA,KK he will frequently reraise you. Therefore getting all-in with 3 people is only a bonus rather than a negative component

Equitywise, you need less than 38% which means that if you stove a range versus your JJ, you are most of the times +EV

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks for the clear explanation. I think my problem is that I've begun playing poker with a downswing (after some limited winnings) and although someone knows from articles that mathematically something is +EV, it's hard to actually believe it if someone keeps losing stack after stack after stack in that same situation.....a loud voice from inside tells you....DON'T DO THIS, you will lose... :(

I have a lot to learn....articles and coachings are very useful but can not give you actual experience.....
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dback357
      I have a lot to learn....articles and coachings are very useful but can not give you actual experience.....
      I agree. it is a long winding road towards success but many people before you have been successfull so don't worry too much :) Keep improving and you'll be fine!