Thou Shalt Not TILT - My try @ the super turbos...

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hope this blog won't become a spin-off of nibbana's blog :D
      A little about me , I've been playing online poker for a long time.. and I can stand proudly and say , "I'm a losing player" .
      Every time I manage to build a BR (highest was ~1100$ from 200$) something happens and I manage to tilt myself playing outside of my BR and busting my BR.
      Although I've read the poker mindset and still did it couple of times , I've decided its time to grow up and admit I have a problem and face it :f_grin:
      I've deposited 120$ again to FTP and will try to build my BR again.

Since I work full time as a Team Leader (programmer) and have a family. I have little time playing / studying poker each day , So I've decided for now , I'll play ST SNG and after harassing Nibbana and threatening him that I will tell everyone I am his best friend if he won't help me a bit , we did one game review together and seen it was beneficial to the both of us.

so... in this blog I will try to set goals and achieve them , also I will use this blog as self criteria tool to monitor my state of mind when I play and to follow my improvement.

Maybe I will post some O/T stuff to have some added value to this blog , maybe some personal stuff... we'll see how it goes :f_biggrin:

each day I try to play at least 50 ST SNG in order to achieve bronze iron man (currently playing sets of 9 because I'm still learning the game) which takes around 1.5 - 2 hours and also around 1 hour of reviewing my games.

well... currently after playing 4 days 2$ ST SNG (micro stakes are hell):
      Games: 333
      Avg Buyin: 2.15$
      ROI: 7%
      Time: 9 Hours
      Bankroll - 188$

• 81 replies
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      7% is not to be sniffed at, a solid start. Looking forward to another good review tonight, hope to have mic/speakers setup this week but my PC for some reason says I don't have a soundcard!? I can see it, it's definitely there !

Keep on rolling
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nibbana
      7% is not to be sniffed at, a solid start. Looking forward to another good review tonight, hope to have mic/speakers setup this week but my PC for some reason says I don't have a soundcard!? I can see it, it's definitely there !

Keep on rolling
      Nibb , If you wish I can help you.
      2 things :
      1. you have the hardware , but don't have the drivers. check in device manager if you see yellow ! on the sound device. (which means you need to update/install drivers)
      2. if you buy a USB headset like Logitech's , then it doesn't use the internal sound card but function as a sound card itself !

Take it easy :D
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Well ,
      Today was best day ever (in last 5 days I'm playing ... lol)

Games: 54
      ROI: 26.1%
      Time: 1.8 Hours
      Bankroll - 209$

I feel much more confidence in my game.
      I get many suckouts , losing with the better hand , but I'm happy that I entered pre flop with the leading hand , no matter what the result was.
      Also... I suck out a bit from time to time... lol... like pushing HU A4 (standard) and getting called by AQ and floping 4 on flop.

Interesting hand I played today:

Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30.00/t60.00 Blinds - 4 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: t230.00 3.83 BBs
      CO: t430.00 7.17 BBs VPIP: 29, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 2.0, Hands: 59
      Hero (BTN): t525.00 8.75 BBs
      SB: t615.00 10.25 BBs

Pre Flop: (t90) Hero is BTN with T :club: T :diamond:
      CO raises to t430, 3 folds

I decided to fold this hand only because I felt comfortable with the current stack I had and didn't want to risk it because CO didn't seem loose in the match. usually I snap call here (and ofcourse SNGWiz says the same)
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Yowzer at the hand. I think the better reasons for folding are if you feel: Dominated by his range, don't want to be flipping for 80% of your stack, feel the players behind are weak enough to call with AJ+,KJ+,QJ+ which could hurt you the times you catch him with say A9. But it's good try to categorize the different situations and this looks a strong fold if we know our man well. I will discuss with you later !

EDIT - sorry about skype probs, be on after 10PM-GMT
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Hey man! Great to see you finally ventured outside of our little skype group and into the Poker Blogs section :D

I know you are a good stt player, so you'll leave those $2 sngs in the dust!

Fin
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I have not wized this hand but im pretty sure you have to call here.
      His range has to be pretty wide and you crush most of it. Maybe im wrong, not played these in a while
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Not sure he has to call over there, as he is on the BT and the BB still will lose another big chunk of his stack having to make a move pretty soon there.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Seems pretty clear to me ;)

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Even considering it's the bubble and the guy on the BB is crippled? I think somehow reads go better than equity there too though.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      If im not mistaken this is a 6 max super turbo so it is not the bubble and Wiz clearly shows they guy has to shove 10% or tighter for this to be bad.
      Folding is not only a mistake but a pretty big one in a game of small edges.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      The Big blind isn't really crippled either. In a super turbo 3 blinds is really not that bad, not great but I wouldnt be worried
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Oh, so for that said. Forget compleatly what i've said. Yeah, the fold there is just good with a good read imo.

(:
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      If im not mistaken this is a 6 max super turbo so it is not the bubble and Wiz clearly shows they guy has to shove 10% or tighter for this to be bad.
      Folding is not only a mistake but a pretty big one in a game of small edges.
      Lennonac ,
      You are 100% correct , but in this single game , i felt comfortable with my big stack , knew I could abuse the 2 players to my left and decided not to risk my stack. I've managed to win 1st place in this tourny , and not being result oriented , if I was in the same game with same stack size but different players , I would have snap called here :D

Btw - Your windows 7 isn't genuine ... lol... :heart:
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      lol yeah its my laptop :D still running the trail version of windows :D

But regarding the hand,
      In sngs you cant pass up on edges like this because you are happy with your stack. If you dont bust out with a big stack you are not playing them right ;)

The edges are so small in super turbos that passing up on a huge edge such as this one is such a huge mistake that it could turn you into a losing player.
      I know you are still learning these so I will let you off :D

But no more I can let this one go because I have a decent stack.
      As for the read he is tight, his stats say otherwise :f_biggrin:
    • Akwed
      Akwed
      Bronze
      Another good blog :heart:
      imho snap call :s_cool:
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      What did I tell you about blogs being +EV !

You only posted one hand and already have some great info and conversation Foldi. Onwards and upwards

EDIT - I think the main point that comes from this hand is that you twice said you "felt comfortable" with your stack and that this is your reason for folding and while stack dynamic is important - I think the maths of it, as illustrated by lennonac is always going to be the deciding factor on whether you made the right decision or not
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      I've come to the conclusion that it's your skype. I've tried to send you a fair few messages and they are just not delivering - while I'm having conversations with a few other ppl at the same time. I think you'll have to PM me on here or whatever until you get it fixed.

Have fun, run well
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Well ... Another day ended .
      I've managed to put nice volume and find some leaks I've fixed (I will never open fold KJo from the CO seat....)

Games: 93
      ROI: -2.2%
      Time: 2.5 Hours
      Bankroll - 205$

I've decided to put some goals for myself :

:spade: Play at least 50 games each day.
      :spade: Make a review before and in between of the sessions
      :diamond: Achieve first mile stone of 500$ to be rolled for 5$ ST

After reviewing some of my games, I've found this bad move :

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.15 Sit&Go (Sup Turbo) No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 866258

Hero (BTN): t285 9.50 BBs
      SB: t270 9 BBs
      BB: t645 21.50 BBs
      UTG: t300 10 BBs
      CO: t300 10 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN with 4 :spade: 4 :club:
      UTG calls t30, 1 fold, Hero raises to t285 all in, 3 folds

Now I don't remember why I pushed there , This should be a fold.. maybe I though limp was weak ? interesting....

And another hand which didn't pay me off... too bad :)

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.15 Sit&Go (Sup Turbo) No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 4 players - View hand 866264

CO: t1050 35 BBs
      BTN: t240 8 BBs
      SB: t210 7 BBs
      Hero (BB): t300 10 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with 2 :spade: 2 :club:
      CO calls t30, BTN calls t30, SB calls t15, Hero checks

Flop: (t120) 2 :diamond: 2 :heart: K :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: (t120) 4 :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: (t120) 5 :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets t60, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds

Till next time....
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Couldn't help it , after reviewing a game with Nib , I've decided to play another session.

Games: 102
      ROI: 1.8%
      Time: 2.7 Hours
      Bankroll - 213$

Could be more , lost two games with the better hand pre flop (AA vs JJ , QQ vs A4)

but.. as long as I'm making correct decisions and putting the volume... I hope Ill have positive results... :D