This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Flush and gut shot straight draws in free play

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

this is the last hand of a catastrophic session. Usually I can end bad sessions before tilt could hurt me....well....not yesterday... :(
      At the start of the hand, I was a bit steamy and the 'pressure' in my head rised continuously on every streat.
      On the flop I bet because I thought most of my opponents didn't hit this flop and if someone calls, I still have a combo draw and if I hit it, after the flop bet it's more likely that the opponent will pay me off. On the turn....well...I can vaguely remember I calculated that the implied odds should be 33.3% to make a call profitable and I called....don't ask me what I thought on the river...I can't remember anything, I was totally on tilt.

I knew that on the river I threw 70 cents out of the window, but how about the other streats?

Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/$.10 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG+2 ($13.65)
      MP1 ($1.90)
      MP2 ($1.55)
      MP3 ($8.28)
      CO ($1.70)
      BTN ($9.75)
      SB ($10.36)
      BB ($2.00) (Hero)
      UTG+1 ($11.36)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , 8:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks,

Flop: 7:heart: , J:heart: , J:club: ( $0.3 )
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, 1 folds,

Turn: K:diamond: ( $0.9 )
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90,

River: 2:spade: ( $2.7 )
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 calls $0.70,
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dback357
      At the start of the hand, I was a bit steamy and the 'pressure' in my head rised continuously on every street.
      If you cannot play your A-game, quit that session and calm yourself :) That's the best remedy

On the Flop I like your flopbet as a semibluff. On the Turn though I will follow up with a $0.65 cBet to fold out some of his range

Check/calling leaves your vulnerable and I rather want to be aggressive than passive

As played is the River pure speww with Ten high so just check/fold there

- Gerv
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv,

I've changed my stop loss limit from 4 buy-ins in a row to 3 in a row.....it seems that at the moment I can take only 3 coolers in a row without going on tilt..

The turn bet would not help in this hand because he had a K but I'm sure it's better long term than ch/c. I'll do it next time.

Best wishes!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dback357
      The turn bet would not help in this hand because he had a K but I'm sure it's better long term than ch/c. I'll do it next time.
      Yes do not be too results orientated, sure he sometimes hit his overcard but that doesnt happen too often. That's why it acts as a scarecard