[NL2-NL10] Flush and gut shot straight draws in free play

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

this is the last hand of a catastrophic session. Usually I can end bad sessions before tilt could hurt me....well....not yesterday... :(
      At the start of the hand, I was a bit steamy and the 'pressure' in my head rised continuously on every streat.
      On the flop I bet because I thought most of my opponents didn't hit this flop and if someone calls, I still have a combo draw and if I hit it, after the flop bet it's more likely that the opponent will pay me off. On the turn....well...I can vaguely remember I calculated that the implied odds should be 33.3% to make a call profitable and I called....don't ask me what I thought on the river...I can't remember anything, I was totally on tilt.

I knew that on the river I threw 70 cents out of the window, but how about the other streats?

Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/$.10 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG+2 ($13.65)
      MP1 ($1.90)
      MP2 ($1.55)
      MP3 ($8.28)
      CO ($1.70)
      BTN ($9.75)
      SB ($10.36)
      BB ($2.00) (Hero)
      UTG+1 ($11.36)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , 8:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks,

Flop: 7:heart: , J:heart: , J:club: ( $0.3 )
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, 1 folds,

Turn: K:diamond: ( $0.9 )
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90,

River: 2:spade: ( $2.7 )
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 calls $0.70,
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dback357
      At the start of the hand, I was a bit steamy and the 'pressure' in my head rised continuously on every street.
      If you cannot play your A-game, quit that session and calm yourself :) That's the best remedy

On the Flop I like your flopbet as a semibluff. On the Turn though I will follow up with a $0.65 cBet to fold out some of his range

Check/calling leaves your vulnerable and I rather want to be aggressive than passive

As played is the River pure speww with Ten high so just check/fold there

- Gerv
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv,

I've changed my stop loss limit from 4 buy-ins in a row to 3 in a row.....it seems that at the moment I can take only 3 coolers in a row without going on tilt..

The turn bet would not help in this hand because he had a K but I'm sure it's better long term than ch/c. I'll do it next time.

Best wishes!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dback357
      The turn bet would not help in this hand because he had a K but I'm sure it's better long term than ch/c. I'll do it next time.
      Yes do not be too results orientated, sure he sometimes hit his overcard but that doesnt happen too often. That's why it acts as a scarecard