[NL2-NL10] QQ flop all-in

• NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD 30/26/3.26/29

I know it's a bit loose call. But that playing seemed to me too strange and a lot more agressive then if he had something like flopped straight or set

PokerStars - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: €10.00
      UTG: €10.50
      Hero (CO): €11.20
      BTN: €10.42
      SB: €4.94

SB posts SB €0.05, BB posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.15) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to €0.40, fold, fold, BB calls €0.30

Flop: (€0.85, 2 players) 9:spade: T:diamond: 6:spade:
      BB bets €0.60, Hero raises to €1.90, BB raises to €9.60 and is all-in, Hero calls €7.70

Turn: (€20.05, 2 players) 7:club:

River: (€20.05, 2 players) 5:diamond:
  • 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Ugly board for queens. It hits his range hard. I don't like getting it in here since you're either way behind or flipping. On this flop he either has a set, a two pair and in this case you have avreage of 25% equity. Or he has a monster draw and your flipping against a pair+flushdraw, nutflush with an overcard, or maybe like ATs.

Imo you should either fold to his donk bet or get it in hoping for a flip, neither of which is good. Maybe you can call once but there are way to many cards you really dont want to see.
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Ugly board for queens. It hits his range hard. I don't like getting it in here since you're either way behind or flipping. On this flop he either has a set, a two pair and in this case you have avreage of 25% equity. Or he has a monster draw and your flipping against a pair+flushdraw, nutflush with an overcard, or maybe like ATs.

Imo you should either fold to his donk bet or get it in hoping for a flip, neither of which is good. Maybe you can call once but there are way to many cards you really dont want to see.
      Thx man. Liked ur comments a lot. Had almost the same reasoning but not so organize. Will be good if u come to my blog sometimes :s_biggrin:
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Why folding to the donk bet? Isn't it waaaay too weak for an overpair here?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well because i think his almost never bluffing here, and this board hits his rage way to hard. And even if he has a set or a strait he still has to protect against a flush draw. When calling off here you have almost no equity.

I checked out your blog already :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not folding to the donkbet against a player aggressive enough to be playing stuff like KQ and spades the exact same way, probably even pure bluffs as well depending on how good he is at hand-reading and recognizing that we don't have a strong hand on this board very often due to our wide CO opening range, while he can credibly have all the strong made hands inside his narrower range.

Whether you think he's bet/folding bluffs and/or bet/shoving draws often enough to warrant you going broke on that flop is up to you, otherwise you can call and play the turn in position, tho most of you are probably going to feel "in the dark" playing it passively like that. You can usually count on stuff like sets slowing down on flushing cards and bluffs/semibluffs not firing 3 barrels on blank turn/river cards, so you'll get more information then you'd think when you see what they do on later streets.

Hope it helps.
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      Hi,

Hope it helps.
      indeed. thk u :heart: