can't even beat NL10 anymore

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      That's when you know you hit rock bottom in poker. Just the same over and over again, and just when you think you've finally caught a break you lose (yet another) 5 stacks when every possible draw hits against you, no matter which one. Last hand made me just quit in the middle of the session, didn't even finish playing the hands I was in. Some guy called my all-in with one card OESD. He had 42off. Cost me 160bb. And yeah, that kind of players is profitable to play against in the long run and yadda yadda, but they're going to cost me my roll in the short term. This is not even NL50 anymore where I sometimes make mistakes, this is just lousy NL10 where no matter what I play I just lose.

I know I usually whine about variance when it gets heavy. But this is NL10 for crying out loud. I keep getting it in with the best hand, and for some reason they always call with draws. And for some other reason they always hit. And as usual, if I win, it's some 30bb over an hour of playing, and when I lose it's 160bb in 3 minutes. Sure I've won a few, but it's come to a point where I'm actually surprised if my hand holds up. Normally I'd just shrug it off and start again later, but the fact that I'm getting beaten on NL10 really upset me mentally...
  • 11 replies