[NL2-NL10] 2 high pairs on coordinated board

• NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Silver
      Sorry for posting NL25, but since my acc is not linked, i cant receive silver and post in next higher limits. I think for u it's not a big difference, NL10 or NL25

SB VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD 25/17/inf/43 but only 36 hands

that flop donk looked a lot like attemt to steal, and after bb called bank was so huge, but i thought opponents dont have any playable hands so i desided to squeeze

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $27.97
      Hero (CO): $25.18
      BTN: $41.89
      SB: $27.41
      BB: $34.74

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 5:spade: 6:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.00, 3 players) 4:heart: 6:spade: 5:diamond:
      SB bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00, Hero raises to $7.75, SB raises to $26.41 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $16.43 and is all-in

Turn: ($53.36, 2 players) 6:heart:

River: ($53.36, 2 players) 3:spade:
  • 7 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Quite standard. It really is gross when villain shows you 44/87, or worse 66/55, but it's the simpliest way to play this hand and it will yield a profit at microstakes.

A common alternative would be to sacrifice some equity by letting a turn card come, so that you can make better decisions on ugly turns like 3/7/8 (mostly giving up to any action). On blanks people usually don't improve to beat you unless they 2-out you so you can still raise the turn for value against overpairs/straight draws/worse pairs/possible new backdoor draws. You'll get stacked by stuff like 44/87 all the same tho. Which is why it's usually a line indicative of somebody playing a little scared, especially at microstakes where players donk/call with top pairs/draws and donk/fold with bluffs reasonably often, meaning you'll get more value by felting it on the flop when there is still "hope" for those hands.

Hope it helps.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg

Quite standard. It really is gross when villain shows you 44/87, or worse 66/55, but it's the simpliest way to play this hand and it will yield a profit at microstakes.

Really? My impression is that when villain pushes here at least 90% of the time we are way behind in this situation. Did you mean villains play overpairs from 77 to TT this way often enough to make a call profitable here?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      An average, non-maniac, passive fish at NL25 sees that board, sees your raise, pushes all in ...

... and the professional advice is that he's bluffing and can't beat two pair?

I need to move my bankroll to that site immediately! Everest.fr right?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by yeahyoung0312

Really? My impression is that when villain pushes here at least 90% of the time we are way behind in this situation. Did you mean villains play overpairs from 77 to TT this way often enough to make a call profitable here?
      We're really not happy when he jams but we have to raise for value to begin with when it's 3-way, and once we have done that there is too much money in the middle to fold unless we're damn near certain he's never playing stuff like 33/77 or ~JJ like that, which even against some random unknown tag we can't be.

Hope it helps.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by tokyoaces
      An average, non-maniac, passive fish at NL25 sees that board, sees your raise, pushes all in ...

... and the professional advice is that he's bluffing and can't beat two pair?

I need to move my bankroll to that site immediately! Everest.fr right?
      Not quite sure what the purpose of that post was, maybe just trolling. Anyway I'm quite surprised by what your inferred from what I wrote, that's either deeply flawed logic or poor reading skill.

Hope it helps.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze

We're really not happy when he jams but we have to raise for value to begin with when it's 3-way, and once we have done that there is too much money in the middle to fold unless we're damn near certain he's never playing stuff like 33/77 or ~JJ like that, which even against some random unknown tag we can't be.

Hope it helps.
      I see. But a pocket pair will usually 3-bet preflop to take it down right there (because of the low implied odds in a SH game), right?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That's true of JJ for most tags but not all of them even at nl25. As far as low pocket pairs are concerned, I think the vast majority of tags still prefer to call with them instead of 3-betting. 77 is not even considered low by lots of players, even if it'll be crappy to play postflop out of position on many many boards just as 33 will.

Just because they should 3-bet because it's a pain to play without initiative out of position against aggressive players doesn't mean they will, and the fact that they still stack random tags by set-mining like that sometimes reinforces that behaviour.

Hope it helps.