UTG: $27.46
      MP: $49.31
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $17.40
      SB: $24.05
      Hero (BB): $31.72

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3.50, fold, SB calls $2.75

Flop: ($7.75, 2 players) 5:club: Q:heart: 2:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.25, SB calls $5.25

Turn: ($18.25, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($22.75, 2 players) 3:heart:
      SB bets $13.05 and is all-in, fold

SB wins $21.66
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      IMO ur cbet on flop was too much, make it $4.

As played u should definitely raise turn. Looks like u were confused on the turn but ur call = a free card for the villain. You can treat the block bet as a ch and just continue to cbet 3/5 pot.

I don't think a Q would check or block bet turn like that. The pot is big enough on the turn and you better try to take it down right there. Play raise/fold instead of c(ch) turn/fold river and you will feel much more comfortable leaving this hand than as played.
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      IMO ur cbet on flop was too much, make it $4.

Shouldn't we def against flush draw?

Either i can't say how much i should raise on turn, so he folds and i haven't to call his push if he desides to do it. So raise/fold on turn seems impossible to me. If raise we should push ourselves
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the flop while there is a flushdraw out there, you're still a situation where it's hard for villain to have a worse hand to call you with since making a low pair is hard on Q52. So making a smaller c-bet helps get calls from bad players with unpaired cards as well, and since you're 2-outing when you're behind (which is somewhat likely, Qx are common hands for everyone to play), you don't mind sacrificing a bit of protection in the process to keep the pot size manageable.

As played on the turn it could go either way, maybe yeahyoung is right about him not blockbetting top pairs, maybe he's not. Villain looks bad enough that he could bet small like that for value (not everyone knows to bet a % of the pot instead of a fixed amount) or he could mean it as a trap more than as a blockbet. If you're convinced he has very few Qx hands when he does that, you can shove for value against random low pair+gutshot/flushdraw hands. Otherwise just calling to see what develops when you're getting 10:1 is fine, he probably gives up a lot with draws if they don't hit and he has that on the river.

Hope it helps.