NL50 HU flush draw OOP

• dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      i have quite a lot of trouble playing fd'sand o/e oop not really sure whats the best line to take with them.

villain is an aggressive reg, should i be calling pre or is 3betting better?

what's villains range for shipping turn should i have c/r flop??

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($91.26)
      ($54)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 3:heart:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) J:heart: 9:heart: 4:spade:

Hero checks, bets $2, Hero raises to $7.50, calls $5.50

TURN ($18) J:heart: 9:heart: 4:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $13.50, raises to $45 (AI), Hero????
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I tend to call preflop with suited aces 100bb deep, there's tons of crap to 3bet with without those hands and suited aces has great playability in single raised pots imo.

Flop c/r is fine/standard and villains range on turn will differ from player to player. What I've noticed at SSNL is that regulars vill very very frequently just 3bet the flop with stuff like sets/two pair, not sure why but probably because they are afraid of seeing an ugly turn card and not knowing what to do. So I'd take out quite a few combos of sets/two pair type hands from him leaving like half of those for his turn shoving range. Then there's QQ+ J8/JT+ QT/98/48 and that's probably all, worse draws are more likely to just get in on flop or call the turn, but I've seen some ppl to show up with such stuff too.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      So you bet/fold the turn?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Even if we'd assume that he's not raising the turn with any two pair or better we still wouldn't have enough equity to make a bet/call +EV. You can make it bigger to commit yourself if you hate b/f'ing.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      yeah i b/f obv, but i do hate b/f maybe ill just c/shove flop next time :f_biggrin:
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Even if we'd assume that he's not raising the turn with any two pair or better we still wouldn't have enough equity to make a bet/call +EV. You can make it bigger to commit yourself if you hate b/f'ing.
      Making it bigger looks even worse... he's gonna continue with the same range

is c/c or c/r turn an option? (I know its weird after c/r turn but it's a line the fish often take with the strong hands)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      He will, but then you can call it off in case you hate bet folding :f_biggrin: c/c feels dirty and pretty much looks like a draw so he can play rivers perfectly against you even if he won't necessarily will. c/r'ing could be an option if you knew he floats flop check raises a lot and bets when checked to, without that i doubt there will be enough fold equity.