NL50 HU 2 pair

• dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Gold
      havent seen villain donk bet much yet but he generally does it with medium/strong hands,
      not really sure what his line is meant to be here though he donk/calls flop then check/shoves turn only thing that i see that hits is 68 but then i wouldn't expect him to overshove on such a dry board with the nuts,
      his stats are pretty std not seen him do anything out of line yet...
      should i even be considering folding 2pair at HU for 100bb??

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Villain($58)
      Hero ($106)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 7:spade:

Hero raises to $1.50, Villain calls $1

FLOP ($3) 9:heart: K:diamond: 7:club:

Villain bets $2, Hero raises to $7.25,Villain calls $5.25

TURN ($17.50) 9:heart: K:diamond: 7:club: 5:heart:

Villain checks, Hero bets $13.12,Villain raises to $49.25 (AI), Hero???
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well I think you'll agree that it's quite unlikely that he is bluffing, because he'd have to either float your flop raise with air and then shove over your turn bet when you can easily have a strong hand yourself or donkbet call with something like bottom pair like let's say 76s and then turn it into bluff/semibluff on turn when again you rep lots of strength. And based on your description he's not spazzy.

So imo the decision comes down to how likely do you think he is to overplay one pair type hands. Vs reasonable player you are beat here by 2pair+, best case scenario splitting. (or maybe win against like 75s if he calls those OOP)

As for if you should be considering folding 2pr hu 100bb deep ever, sure why not, but don't get in habit of doing that, because such sitations are more exception than standard. Most SSNL regulars I've played with has this leak of never folding two pair/trips or w/e because they only think in absolute hand strength instead of relative this way not recognizing that they only have bluffcachers in spots I wouldn't ever show up with a bluff and then one they get stacked consider it cooler.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Gold
      so its pretty marginal either way but a fold might be better in this spot considering his line?

he turned up with K5 anyway

i know what you mean about relative hand strength i think i am guilty of that as well on ocasions :f_mad: thanks for your time
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yes, I think folding is what would be considered "solid" play in this situation. K5 isn't standard hand to defend vs 3x raise btw. There is one good coach who teaches very well about relative hand strenght HU, but unfortuantely I can't mention him here I guess. :P