NL50 hu KJ top pair OOP on bad board

• dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      i dont like my line here at all, villain is a reg fish, plays a bit retardedly calls down weak wth 2nd pair and sht even if you c/r, so obv action to take is to value town the station he also barrels with air, when he was the pf aggressor

i think i have pretty badly misplayed this hand and overrepped it a lot OOP, although i have been playing pretty tight and not shown much aggression as of yet, anyway i c/r turn and then am left with a blank ish river with no idea where i am, should i c/c or what i am totally lost with what to do,

what line should i take to avoid myself getting into this mess, i think 3betting pre is probably a good idea, but vs this villain it pays off to play passively OOP and hit tpgk and then c/c and let him barrel every street with trash

but meh im lost with this 1

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($88.64)
      ($55.65)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: K:heart:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 8:heart: 3:club: 4:club:

Hero checks, bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

TURN ($6) 8:heart: 3:club: 4:club: J:heart:

Hero checks, bets $4.50, Hero raises to $15.75, calls $11.25

RIVER ($37.50) 8:heart: 3:club: 4:club: J:heart: 5:club:

Hero ????
  • 5 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dylboi011
      plays a bit retardedly calls down weak wth 2nd pair and sht even if you c/r, so obv action to take is to value town the station
      Well then as played I guess it's quite an easy river decision? If not then c/f > c/c

Don't rly like the flop play, you say he barrels and all, and then you float him OOP w K hi no backdoor draw. On turn as played obv just call and let him continue barreling.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      ok thanks:D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I 3bet this preflop sometimes, depends on villain and gameflow ofc. Coldcall most of the time obviously.

As played I can't hate the c/c on flop. Again this depends, but this is a good flop to float. If he's really 2nd barelling that often folding might be better.

I kind of like the c/r on turn, it gives him a chance to overplay draws at this point.

I'm puzzled about the river. the river card is terrible for us, I think a decent part of his range is the flush at this point.
      Betting sucks a little bit because you have to bet/fold and there aren't many worse hands that are gonna coldcall.
      Check/calling might be good, he might bluff.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      i dont think i can b/f considering the size of the bet id have to make and how much iv comited, so c/c is maybe a better option anyway i bet like $25 or sumin and got called by 35s hearts:(
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I can't possibly see why would we want to c/c this flop, once we do that we pretty much never have a big hand/draw so he can barrel us off by repping all kinds of shit that comes on later streets, if you gonna make a play make it c/r then you can rep all that shit, don't forget that we try to make him fold air and not overpairs or smth.

I dislike c/r on turn because of two reasons, we overrep our hand and once we get shoved on we put ourselves in a guessing game for a whole stack which is completely unnecessary here.

You can obv b/f and given the read that he likes to call light i prefer it. Obv you gonna get sick good odds once shoved on but since you are like never good then, that doesn't rly matter.

Also given how draw heavy the board is i think it's much more likely that you will get shoved on turn by all his overpairs or better.