Two in one FL poker :)

• smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Hello pokerstrategy, so hopefully you guys will read my poker blog and be full of advices.
      Me and my friend jhustincase started playing poker hmm, well he has like 1 year in front of me that means that ive been playing poker for 1 year.Our acomplishments by now are jhustincase-got on 3rd place on a 2.75 pokerstars tourney won 1k++, and myself won a 10 cents tourney on full tilt giving me 270$ :) .Those money are gone for both of us, no BanKROLL management :( , so started reading the articles on pokerstrategy a few months ago, started with FL didnt do much then with NL that sucked for me and now me and my friend are back at FL playing 0.25/0.50$. So we are curently sharing an acc because my friend has some exams coming in september and when hes not playing i am and that until now is going pretty well.We started with 50$ now we are at 250$ and this happened in 1 week.
      Goals:
      -get to 600-1000$ by the end of september
      -pass the exam(jhustincase) :) )
      -go to the gym(me) :P
      -starting playing on diffrent accounts(prolly in sptember):P >>> we play on partypokerr
      So we will be posting hands here hopefully we will get ure best advices
  • 45 replies
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      hmm as i can see he proudly indroduce his coach/mentor around his blog!i mean...not his blog...our blog :f_cool:
      So as he said i have one year in front but this dosnt mean anything than wastings bankroll over bankroll! After playing around fl and nl ...more nl than fl i can proudly say that fl suits me perfectly!agro style paying off ...not always but theres no problem regarding adaption!as he said short term goals are printed in first post! Long term goals...as all pokah lovars...u know ...crushing any mid high stakes game...or at least being profitable!so 4 my first post... to much pokäh related stuff!
      In september i have another sick exam(sucks a lot learning during summer holidays but its my fault).

So what i played today:my ego says that i should try to play against 2-3 regs(fl 50cents) and than...booom standard doomswitch button was already pressed...nothing u can do!was down about 92 BB(P.S.:Is this standard in FL?...I DONT think so)...than regs were out continued to play and at the and of the day we both were + 50bb's :s_biggrin: !

Ok enough 4 today!gl guys!hf
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jhustincase
      i was down about 92 BB(P.S.:Is this standard in FL?...I DONT think so)... :s_biggrin: !
      It's standard, i mean not for every day but quite often, and sometimes happens even bigger in very short term (once experienced close to 200BB down in 600 hands), on a longer term (5-10k hands) they can get even bigger afcourse, but depends on your edge on opponents - bigger the edge, smaller the swings, but you still cannot avoid 200-300BB swings from time to time.

A piece of advice if you will move to separated bankrolls: Create account on PokerStars, it has much more traffic and lower rake than Party, so it's easyer game there.
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      thanks 4 advice!and i thought evem the field is smaller is so fishy...i think after cleaning the bonus we ll give a shot to stars but momentanly we are oke with party.

I m loking on the window and i can finally see some clouds..and maybe the weather its a lil colder...i mean 25-30*C not 35+...sick summer!

Enough 4 now!i m going to play a sesion! C u !
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      so after a 30-40 min session :) im up 9 $ cant post charts and that kind of things bcuz i am having problems instaling poker elephant ... curent BR 260 $ and going uppppp hopefuly
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      u`re such a nit with ure sesions ....go for 2-3 hours/sesios FISHH :( :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

The only advice I can give you is to enjoy what you are doing most of all. Forget about the money! If you don't, you'll really hate it when things don't go your way and I know this from personal experience.

Secondly, don't just play in hopes of raking in pot after pot. Discuss hands on the forum (I guess that by starting a blog you will do that), try to review you most important hands. You could try reviewing each others hands. Maybe record a ~30-35 min session each now and then and review them together. Read some poker books. Articles on PS.com are very good but books just have that something extra imo.

I would also suggest switching from Party. I don't know what's the rake on FTP (I'll search their site and return with an update) but for micro/low stakes the RB is better than PokerStars so you can start off there with separate accounts.

Best of luck,

Manu :diamond:
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Well many thx for the advice but i dont know i think alot of ppl play poker for money ... We play it to for that but we also play it bcuz we love it ! And we would like to make a living out of it if posible..
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I respectfully disagree with that.

People play poker dreaming to make a shitload of money. They seldom succeed. In order to play FOR money you need to be a winning player and crush the limit you play for that matter. Like I said, people play poker in hopes of making a big score, have a sick heater, etc. without putting any effort in studying or perfecting their skills. In other words, they treat poker like a game of pure luck, focusing only on short term goals.

What I'm suggesting is not to update every time with "I made $x" because there will come a time when you will update "I lost $x" for more than a page and that will certainly not help your game or your confidence. You are going to blame it on variance too often and disregard the bad plays you make during the so called downswings.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Well that maybe the case but i dont find poker as a gamble game and i dont want to play for a short period of time i think what i was saying is that i like poker and its perks if u are good at it because if you are good at poker there are alot of perks if u know what i mean :) , and let me ask you a question how many ppl would play poker if hmm lets say you could only play for playmoney ? :)
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      So emanuel said it so corectly!as smile we are not going to play just to hit big and leave!we want to climb limits and at least me every day i m reading like 40% of the hands discussed in judge sections!but i m to lazy to post there and maybe mostly my no time affects me a lot because i have to learn 4 sth else. I am reading around ps comunity 4 around 1 year, all it comes through my eyes! I m using lines that i could never used them without reading around what our pros says!

So today hit fishes hard again...around 13xbbs up but acording to PTR we are 4.8 BB's 4 around 8k hands and at 15~30,8 BBs for 4.5 k hands!not a sample but players super rated themselves and make too often stupid moves! We are preparing easily 4 the next limit but lets see what poker gods thinks about!

So enough 4 today in term of playing .now just loking around forum!i wish u good luck at tables!

P.s.:we are both romanians too!:D
      C.u.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      So tryed to have a longer session than 30 min ... couldnt manage because there were blackouts in the whole neighbourhood so i called it a day, good thing we are crushing 0.25/0.50 :D :D
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      So i just finished my session so put togheter me and jhustincase made 200bb's today :X i think its pretty sick isnt it ? :) So i want you guys to see a hand like it very much how you can get 10 bb's with A high.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero raises, BU 3-Bets, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.4 SB) 4, 3, 9 (4 players)
      MP2 bets, MP3 folds, Hero raises, BU calls, MP2 3-Bets, Hero calls, BU calls.

Turn: (11.2 BB) 3 (3 players)
      MP2 bets, Hero calls, BU folds.

River: (13.2 BB) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.2 BB.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, nines and threes(A Q).
      MP2 shows two pairs, nines and threes(Q J).

Hero wins with two pairs, nines and threes(A Q).

FISH PWNZ
      So good night cya tommorrow :X
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      That flop raise is really bad, you're almost never ahead there. How can you assume that nobody has a pair? And the preflop 3better BU hasnt even acted yet.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      well taavi its bcuz i kinda knew the players and most of them were fishy :D :D when il raise the limits i will shurely tighten up :D . Thx for the advice ;)
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      muhaha finally after 8 days biggest losing day is here!
      I played a sesion for 2 hours and lost lets say about 60+ bb's!pretty standard!not the 1st time i m not affected by that but i m sick cause i can t play anymore! If my bro manage to break evem its awesome if downer continue also no problem!
      About my game:i think i played a bit to spewy and i think i have to tighten up because my image is already there! I think players think i m a crazy monkey but i m not!!
      No graphic at the moment but sooner will be up....if smile manage to set up that elephant...i have no time 4 that...when i have some i play:D

C u guys!gl at tables!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      As for the variance, I'm 160BB down today with good play. When cold deck hits you, there's no escape ;) .

As for the hand, listen to taavi. "tightening up on higher limits" doesn't justify the moves that lose you money in the long run. It was a terrible play and you got really lucky this time, in most cases you'll lose the hand though. Overcards are NOT a monster hand, especially not in multiway pots! A calldown with A high might be viable in HU situations, but in multiway pots you should just play according to odds and outs and fold river unimproved. Listen to the players more experienced than you ;) .

Primzi
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      of course i listen to more exp guys!that is why i made a blog!to get feedback from great players and as for downers that make me really feel great!discussed to day about this hand and that guy was a cap any 2 guy and he tried to iso and play just with him as he succed but also he was lucky...today happened to see some q and k high calldown and i was loled hard...maybe cause of my image or just pure fish!
      Hope u ll hit heater back!can u tell me ur nick or just pm me if u dont want it private please?

C u guys!ship it guys!
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      As for the variance, I'm 160BB down today with good play. When cold deck hits you, there's no escape ;) .

As for the hand, listen to taavi. "tightening up on higher limits" doesn't justify the moves that lose you money in the long run. It was a terrible play and you got really lucky this time, in most cases you'll lose the hand though. Overcards are NOT a monster hand, especially not in multiway pots! A calldown with A high might be viable in HU situations, but in multiway pots you should just play according to odds and outs and fold river unimproved. Listen to the players more experienced than you ;) .

Primzi
      Well ofc i will listen to other experienced players but at that moment i dont know just had a feeling i needed to call :D and it payd out, when we will climb the limits we will prolly improve our FL game :X and i know tavi was right but i was at a 0.25/0.50$ table with shit load of fishes :D

So about my session went up a little like 10$ but this is still a - day, so good night im going to torment my paraqueet(hopefuly i speled it right ) :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You are using "there were fish on the table" as an argument. If there were fish on the table, it means that they will most likely call you down with any pair. With AQ, on this flop, vs 3 random ranges, you will win only 21% of the times, while the oponents will win in 26% cases each. Of course the real ranges are tighter, but since you said they were big fish, it means that they are very loose. So in this situation, you are not even a favorite to win the pot! This means that you should definetely not raise here. It did pay out but in 79% of the time it would not! Again, fishes on the table do not justify making plays that will lose you money in the long run - it just makes you a fish ;) .

If you really want to improve your game, you should post some hands in the Hand evaluation section and let the hand judge help you improve your game, as well as read some articles, attend some coachings and watch some videos! And always remember: If you're up 50BB in a day, it doesn't neccessarily mean that you played good. If you're down 50BB, it doesn't mean that you've played bad. Don't think about results, try to focus on improving your game and making the right decisions, short term results do not matter, only long term ones do!

Primzi