Does anyone use the SSS at PS anymore?

• 16 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      It's working well for me at the moment over a small sample size. Details in my blog.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Jup works for me as well. But stay away from my tables :f_biggrin:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Lol... Cheers guys, I am tempted to start up SSS again with 50 BI and try grind out Platinum status and a couple of bonuses before Jan 1st when I make an assault on SN.

Checking out the blogs now :D
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      After you posted this I played around on the short tables on Stars. Granted I was super picky about table selection, was only able to ever get three total going, but I had a few amazing sessions.

I still can't grind it out on SSS, its just too boring, but I think I might hit up these tables when I'm feeling frustrated with full stack. :f_cool:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      die sss
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      After you posted this I played around on the short tables on Stars. Granted I was super picky about table selection, was only able to ever get three total going, but I had a few amazing sessions.

I still can't grind it out on SSS, its just too boring, but I think I might hit up these tables when I'm feeling frustrated with full stack. :f_cool:
      Yeah after reading the blogs I went for a mini-session (721 hands) and lost 4 BI's admittedly I only used the basic starting hand range though, I do enjoy the all in action. However today I returned back to NL5 full stacked. AGAIN I might add.... Frickin' $300 mark is eluding me everytime I get close right now!

I may use it as a break from playing full stacked, or when I have to earn so many points in a certain amount of time, but I don't really think I can return to this full-time.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      die sss
      Mature, thanks.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i like to post this pic whenever some idiot posts somthing like 'die shortstacker die'... i hope some new player see's this pic, and decides to play SSS over BSS, and stacks BOBOsvk ;)

all at the 20-50 tables on PS, NL25SSS
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      lol thats 20BI's in 850 hands. thats just sick!
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      die sss
      this needs more love :heart:

Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      die sss
      Mature, thanks.
      im immature, arrogant and i hate SSSers for their lack of skills, lack of devotion and intelligence to learn the game and use of an fundamental advantage of buying in short against full. all said results in killing the game, playing a brainless push/fold game
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      But at least you have your reasons ;)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I play in the shallow stacked table ghetto on Pokerstars. Buy in is 20-50BB so you deepstackers can have your fun elsewhere while us pondlife, I mean shortstackers, play our mindless push or fold game.

That didn't sound as much like 'fuck off' as I meant it to. I must work on my writing skills. :f_mad:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21

im immature, arrogant and i hate SSSers for their lack of skills, lack of devotion and intelligence to learn the game and use of an fundamental advantage of buying in short against full. all said results in killing the game, playing a brainless push/fold game

Actually it's a very maths orientated strategy.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      im immature, arrogant and i hate SSSers for their lack of skills, lack of devotion and intelligence to learn the game
      It takes skills, devotion and intelligence to beat SSS, just a whole lot less. There are plenty of bad decisions to be made.

and use of an fundamental advantage of buying in short against full. all said results in killing the game, playing a brainless push/fold game
      This thread is about playing SS at SS tables ...

Also, the fact that its mindless, relaxing, and fun is a good thing.
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      im immature, arrogant and i hate SSSers for their lack of skills, lack of devotion and intelligence to learn the game
      It takes skills, devotion and intelligence to beat SSS, just a whole lot less. There are plenty of bad decisions to be made.

and use of an fundamental advantage of buying in short against full. all said results in killing the game, playing a brainless push/fold game
      This thread is about playing SS at SS tables ...

Also, the fact that its mindless, relaxing, and fun is a good thing.
      Actually i think the maths really comes into play when you are against another player using SSS.

Btw i dont use Stats, i am kinda stuck in SSS NL25.

Anyone plays SSS on higher limits w/o stats?
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      I find MSS is working well for me on 0.05 (40-250BB)