UTG ($78.15)
      UTG+1 ($39)
      UTG+2 ($38.85)
      Hero ($39.85)
      MP2 ($99.35)
      CO ($18.50)
      BTN ($60.80)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:spade:

UTG raises to $3.50, fold, UTG+2 calls $3.50, Hero raises to $11, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG raises to $78.15 (AI)

Hi,

My squeeze size is too small (Was busy tooo much tables :f_mad: ) Should be ~$13-14

As played: I need 34% equity. Stats:
      EP PFR 6% (77+, AQs+, AQo+)
      4bet 2,5% (QQ+, AKs, AKo)
      Hands 212

Not that much hands, but the ranges make sense :) May be he is a bit tighter EP but I think his 4bet range is about that. (May be JJ is also in his 4bet range, and that would be bad for our equity :evil: )

Against that range I have 36%

So this should be a close call? (and would be more +EV if my squeeze size was better => only %31 equity needed :f_mad: )

I folded the hand bcause at the time I though this was a -EV spot due to stack sizes.

Thanks,

T.
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Don't squeeze if you are planning to fold to a 4bet with 40bb deep :f_eek:

Against a 6% PFR, your TT is at the bottom of his range hence I will mostly call and see what happens after that

You need 47/28 = 37% so by squeezing bigger you get the equity so that's why I never sqz/fold

But as played I prefer calling pre pure due EVness as sqzing here would be EV of 0.5bb while calling can get you more EV

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Don't squeeze if you are planning to fold to a 4bet with 40bb deep :f_eek:

You need 47/28 = 37% so by squeezing bigger you get the equity so that's why I never sqz/fold
      Yes it's what I see now. didnt calculate 40xbb deep squeeze before I think :) If we add the 50% FEQ arent we +EV here?

Against a 6% PFR, your TT is at the bottom of his range hence I will mostly call and see what happens after that

But as played I prefer calling pre pure due EVness as sqzing here would be EV of 0.5bb while calling can get you more EV
      - Gerv
      You want to call for set-value multi-way then? What's the plan, no set not bet?
      If we get squeezed pre we mostly will need to call/AI again (CO+SB are SS(S))?

Thanks,

T.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      bump
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You don't have to bump :)

He shoves JJ+,AK. Do not look at the static 4bet% and fold to 3bet%, just imagine what your own stats/image also is.

So your FEQ is actually 33% since 4%/6% = 66%, (1-66)=33%

So filling in the numbers for an EV calculation before you make the sqz you get:
      Pot 7
      ES 40
      Deadmoney 3 (rake is already substracted)
      EQ vs JJ+,AK, 33.7%
      FEQ-1 33%
      FEQ-2 50%
      EV = Pot*Foldequity + (1-Foldequity)[(eff.Stack+Deadmoney)*Equity – (eff.Stack*(1-Equity))]

So EV(FEQ-1) = -5.25bb
      EV(FEQ-2) = -1.8bb

So what FEQ do you need? => 60%

I do not think you can ever get 50% FEQ againsta 6PFR

No I do not call for setvalue preflop. TT-JJ plays fine postflop IP. If you get squeezed you just see what is coming. Mostly UTG will show their hands face up with the action.

if it is folded to you , I mostly backraise rather than call a squeeze for 40bb