Unbearable stalling in MTT bubbles

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      If anyone has ever played an MTT on Party and reached the bubble you'll know what I'm talking about. I had already experienced this bubble stalling before, but today was much worse, since it was a turbo tourney, and you know how much blinds increase in Party turbo.

Anyway, because of all these dumbass stallers, the blinds got up to 60K before the bubble burst, the average stack was 80K!!! :s_mad: I mean, this not only kills their chances but everyone elses.

The saddest thing is that most of them don't even make the money anyway, since they begin stalling and folding every hand in the hope of folding into the money with a short stack like 20 or 30 places before the money.

I sent the below email and got a pretty unsatisfactory reply from customer service. They basically wash their hands and say it's totally ok.

Would anyone be interested in signing one of those online petition things? I'm thinking of trying to gather signatures for Party to change this, but I need to know if there is any interest in this.

MY EMAIL
      Hi,
      I think that hand for hand play should be extended or the time bank reduced near the money in tournaments. Reaching the money, in particular in a Partypoker turbo tournament is unbearable. You've got several players stalling each table and each hand takes many minutes, with the blinds increasing so much they almost reach the average stack size, giving even players that are playing as should be played a lesser chance. This situation is obviously ridiculously and unseen in any other site, it prevents normal play for players who play seriously.

THEIR REPLY
      Dear,

Thank you for contacting us

Firstly, I apologize for the inconvenience caused at our tables. I understand that few players try to slow down the game and tried to steal the entertainment factor.

However, please be informed that all players get equal time to call their options. If a player takes his complete time to call the options then it could be any of these two reasons:

Players Internet connection may be slow (or)
      The player may be playing safe by taking extra time to call his options.

As you mentioned, that players take a bit long time to call their options on the bubble as there is huge difference in the payout structure from one place to another, which is completely understandable and moreover players would like to be paid out better in any game.

Please note that we would not be able to comment on other player’s strategies or style of playing as every one would be comfortable playing in the way which suits them.

However, your email is of high importance to us and your suggestion would be forwarded to the department concerned.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Customer Service
  • 5 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      looks like you should learn to exploit these players more... seems like your getting mad at a lot of dead money..
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Silver
      If everyone likes to fold 30-20 places before bubble, what's our best play? Easy game, right?
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      WTF, now I'm the one getting bashed!?!?! :s_confused: For the record I stole plenty, and finished 4th in said turbo tourney, but that isn't the point. These players would be folding the same with less of a clock too, just that here they have the option to stall 90 seconds every hand. It took like an hour and a half to play what should have lasted 10 minutes. My time is worth something too. I almost rather not play, then play like that.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello alenstrat,

We will forward your feedback regarding stalling in MTT bubbles to PartyPoker, but at the end it is their decision if they want to change it.

I really can understand your frustration because it is really annoying.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      well partypoker is like ipoker then.

BTW on ipoker I literally push any2 from any position (almost). If I have fold equity then I am pushing. This speeds up the bubble considerably, gives you a lot of pots you don't deserve, and results in a lot of bubble bustouts. This is the correct way to play. Play this way.