[NL2-NL10] NL5 77 bottom str8 FR

• minihulk22
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) 9, T, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.12) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BU raises to $2.92, Hero raises to $3.95, BU calls $1.03.

River: ($10.02) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.02.

So , this guy was stealling 41 % of the time , 19/15 , when he raised me on the turn I couldn't call , to me seemed to be fold/push . At that time I didn't put him on a Q , I know it's so obvious that he has a str8 , but my question is , can he do this w/ 2 pair , pair+guthsot , sets ,etc . ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If he has two pairs it's usually JTs exactly since flopped two pairs combos usually just raise the flop and JTo/J9/J8 rarely call 3-bets preflop from a 19/15 player. With Jh/Tc on board that leaves 2 combos of JTs, which is very few. Villain raise flopped sets as well for the same reasons, board is very drawy and so on. So maybe he's got JJ, which is 3 combos. Maybe we can add a few random spazzes with combodraws like AdJd or something. So what, 8 combos? Let's call it 10 to give him some random 7x hands that we tie with.

Compare that to stuff like QJ and KQ that he could play like that often, that's already 14 combos even if he calls only half the time with them preflop. QT would fit as well, AQ why not if he has a diamond to go with it. Even if you narrow it down further because you don't think he's calling that loosely preflop, you're still going to end up with way more than 10 combos of hands that beat you.

Overall I'd say it's a fold unless you expect him to shove stuff like KJ on the turn as well even tho it's horrible.

Hope it helps.