UTG: $2.59
      UTG+1: $2.00
      Hero (MP): $3.80
      MP+1: $3.92
      CO: $2.12
      BTN: $1.59

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A:diamond: K:club:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19, 3 players) 7:heart: T:diamond: 7:diamond:
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold

Turn: ($0.31, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.31, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG bets $0.10, fold

I think I lost the min. Maybe I should have raised the flop.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I usually open to 4x at microstakes from any position since getting into bigger pots with a skill edge is bound to increase your profits.

On the flop if you raise the donk bet you're likely to get called by people donk/calling all sorts of draws and Tx hands, so if you get on that path you have to be able to correctly play out situations where draws miss to make sure you take down the pot by bluffing or valuebetting a newly made top pair if you improve. Just calling is less swingy and easier to play, tho usually less profitable assuming you play the raising game correctly.

Turn is fine, and honestly I think I'd call the river. He might be slowplaying a flush on the turn but he might also have Tx and be scared of the flush, which could account for him blockbetting the river. So getting 4:1 I'd look him up. Plus he's a fish and we have position on him very often, so there is implied value to getting information about the range of hands he takes that kind of line with.

Hope it helps.