$13.60
      MP3:
      $10.24
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.04

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 4, 3, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP3 raises to $1.85, Hero raises to $3.40, MP3 raises to $9.84, Hero calls $6.44.

Turn: ($20.63) 7 (2 players)

River: ($20.63) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.63.

After villain pushes me on the flop I was tend to fold. Most of villain's range had me crushed. But I had seen many times ppl play 99/TT or a FD like that so I called.
  • 7 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      This betting pattern is a set like 90% of the time at the micros.

Easy fold.

(Also make a note that he 3bet your cbet in case he's doing it too much, but most likely he has you beat every time.)
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      This betting pattern is a set like 90% of the time at the micros.

Easy fold.

(Also make a note that he 3bet your cbet in case he's doing it too much, but most likely he has you beat every time.)
      Turned out he had KK. Very well played (risky though) I say.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      He has position on you so its much easier for him. :D
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      He has position on you so its much easier for him. :D
      I know.

On the flop I said to myself alright if he push my 3bet then I fold. However when he actually did I got curious and convinced myself that he might have TT/99.

Should have trusted my instinct.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well played by him this time I guess, tho it's actually pretty awful when you realize what he's doing. Against the fish he's obviously better off 3-betting preflop, and most regs at microstakes now know that he's representing a set by doing that and will fold lower overpairs a good amount of the time not to mention lower pairs, so showing up with an in-between hand like KK basically is worthless against good competition, it's almost a bluff.

Just fold the flop, it's highly exploitable but nobody cares. And once you 3-bet you don't have a choice you need to call it off on the off-chance he shows you a draw.

Hope it helps.
    • lolofon
      lolofon
      Bronze
      Hi, what about calling his raise otf? I know there are many turncards we don't wanna see, but still, we have the best hand quite often here imo. Vill could easily have fd/sd, A8, K8, 99, TT etc. We cannot be sure that he is good reg, so also things like 98s are possible...

Thanks for reply :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lolofon
      Hi, what about calling his raise otf? I know there are many turncards we don't wanna see, but still, we have the best hand quite often here imo. Vill could easily have fd/sd, A8, K8, 99, TT etc. We cannot be sure that he is good reg, so also things like 98s are possible...

Thanks for reply :)
      I would usually not give villains that much respect to b/f that flop
      So I´d start out usually indeed b/c, since we have very often best hand and you can always decide on the turn if you want to c/rai or not