$22.00
      CO:
      $13.64
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $10.44

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.65) 6, T, J (3 players)
      MP2 checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($3.65) 7 (2 players)
      CO bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

River: ($7.85) Q (2 players)
      CO bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.40(All-In).

Final Pot: $20.75.

Should have taken the pot down on the turn. Board was too wet to give a free card to the villain.
  • 5 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      My opinion follows. Feel free to disagree.

Without any reads on the table I would do the following most of the time:

Preflop: 3bet on the button. I would not let the CO "steal" my button with such a strong hand!

Flop: Rainbow flop with some straight draws, but you are definitely ahead of his range. Float sometimes or raise sometimes. I think both can be correct.

Turn: It's a blank. You absolutely must raise here. You are just bleeding value.

River: The draw completes and he bets you all in. You are completely lost in the hand because you haven't raised once. I have no idea where you at this point but he wants all your money. Don't you think he has a reason?

Biggest Mistakes: Not raising the button with a premium hand in position. Not raising the flop/turn when your hand improved.

Three rules of the micros:
      1) Value Bet
      2) Don't Bluff
      3) Don't Slow/Fancy Play
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Turn: It's a blank. You absolutely must raise here. You are just bleeding value.
      Absolutely. The pot was big enough for me to take it down right there. Should have pushed the turn. I lost my concentration there, thought villain might have 89 or something. But anyway I should push my stack into the middle. I blamed myself hard after hand was over.

3bet preflop was an option but villain raise to 5BB, making it hard to 3bet so I just called for set value. If I 3b I would have to fold to a 4b.

Villain turned out to have AK. I gave him credit for 2 barrelling a gut shot.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      3bet preflop was an option but villain raise to 5BB, making it hard to 3bet so I just called for set value. If I 3b I would have to fold to a 4b.
      In reality he's just stealing the dead money. He's trying to steal your position and attack the limper. A 3bet from you is mostly for value and partly to steal the dead money in the pot because we don't know that he's actually holding AK and you are doing really good against his entire range.

If he is making that play with 13% of hands or more, then you have 55% equity in the entire pot and calling is the wrong play. Furthermore the times he folds easily cover the random time he 4bets you.

Based on a different thread, I feel sorry for people who aren't stalking you like I am :D , my guess is that you know the right play but cannot execute it while multi-tabling. (BTW, neither can I. I only play 4 tables on my absolute best poker days and never more than that. I'm just not good enough yet!)
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze

In reality he's just stealing the dead money. He's trying to steal your position and attack the limper. A 3bet from you is mostly for value and partly to steal the dead money in the pot because we don't know that he's actually holding AK and you are doing really good against his entire range.
      My read said villain is a aggro. A 3b might induce a 4bet bluff from him (whichi is the problem of 3b: 60% of normal 3b range will fold to a 4b, making small pocket pairs' 4b profittable).

Say if I hold AQ at the same position, would you suggest 3b? Now I am much more tend towards flat call in position.

Today someone flat my AQ OR with AK OOP and play passively on a A high board, definitely excert maximum value from me (not my stack though). Will post the hand later and I learned a lot from that hand.

(BTW, neither can I. I only play 4 tables on my absolute best poker days and never more than that. I'm just not good enough yet!)
      You should watch the nanonoko video I sent you. His idea is MT requires a feeling of the total game flow and aggression dynamics. Basically you continue to play aggressively and take control until someone makes a move which requires specific attention.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with the preflop call unless you know what to do against a 4-bet. The idea of "defending your BU" at microstakes is relative overkill, if I do it I'll do it with a completely polarized 3-betting range so that the decision against a 4-bet is easy. With good but not great hands, I'd rather see a flop in position 3-way with the fish than get into a reraising war with the aggressive reg that will most likely make the fish fold, often wasting the value of my hand in the process if I end up 3-bet/folding.

As played I'd probably raise the flop most of the time while you can still represent draws against CO, tho I understand why you just called with the fish behind. Both are viable.

As played I like your turn call, I don't expect CO to check/fold on many rivers if he has an overpair and when you raise that turn it's the easiest way to induce a fold from him with those hands as it looks really fucking strong. When you just call he can put you on some Jx and valuecut himself on many rivers. I don't really expect him to bet AQ/AK 3-way on that flop to begin with and even less to barrel that turn with it unless he has diamonds as well, so really unless it comes Q/K/A and he somehow 2-outs us or gets a bit scared (if it's Ax and he has KK for example) I'm not worried about much.

River easy call the way you played it.

Hope it helps.