[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQ, 3-way, super wet board on turn

• Pichux
      ***** Hand History for Game 2396341577 ***** (IPoker)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, August 18, 07:56:06 ET 2010
      Table Difiz (Real Money)
      Seat 10 is the button
      Seat 1: M0netenfuchs ( $23.63 USD )
      Seat 3: Gaivers ( $9.85 USD )
      Seat 5: mh2204 ( $4.24 USD )
      Seat 6: BigPitKos ( $9.66 USD )
      Seat 8: dimasich ( $11.47 USD )
      Seat 10: Piters1990 ( $10.00 USD )
      M0netenfuchs posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      Gaivers posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Piters1990 [ Qh Ad ]
      mh2204 folds
      BigPitKos calls [$0.10 USD]
      dimasich calls [$0.10 USD]
      Piters1990 raises [$0.55 USD]
      M0netenfuchs folds
      Gaivers folds
      BigPitKos calls [$0.45 USD]
      dimasich calls [$0.45 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 8h, 6h ]
      BigPitKos checks
      dimasich checks
      Piters1990 checks
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]
      BigPitKos checks
      dimasich checks
      Piters1990 bets [$1.20 USD]

BigPitKos: 35/12/2 85h big sample
      dimasich: 27/21/2 104h big sample

Now i really don't think that this is the correct line here, cause this is a 3-way pot, both villains have a pretty wide calling range and overall i don't quite get it how could they both fold here :f_biggrin: Unfortunately i like to try and take down the pot in these kind of situations, when there is no aggression before me. If there is a single bet from any of them on any of the streets i am surely insta-folding this. But here i see myself only to make fold such things like Ax, maybe some Kx, but nothing more..
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

The standard would indeed be to check it down, but I don't think it is a bad bet per se, because usually your opponents would get aggressive with strong hands instead of checking twice, and even if they're slowplaying, they'll often check/raise your turn bet. So if you do get one of them to just call the turn, he'll often have a lone one pair hand that he didn't feel was strong enough to valuebet, which means it's probably weak enough to fold to another bet on the river, depending on exactly how he plays and what the river card is.

So even if very often you're just collecting the pot by making worse overcards fold (which is never that bad considering one of them might improve on the river and scoop the pot from you), with the added option of barreling the river, it's a decent spot to get aggressive provided you have enough information on villains to play the river profitably.

Hope it helps.