Stop trying to play like a pro

• JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      Basically just a quick thread I am one of the newborn breed who came to poker after seeing it on TV, so I made the mistake of not knowing how to really play up until a week ago roughly. Im up $120 after just 1 week of getting my starting capital.

Basically what I learnt was

stop trying to play like the pros on TV
      learn fundamentals from the guides
      read up on strategy alot
      and basically just play as yourself, If you try to make the big laydowns or big calls just to compare yourself to a pro it's not worth it as i have learned because I and im sure others have done.

Just giving a bit of feedback as this site has givin me alot, I am not an amazing player or anything, far from it but i'm profitting and if you were like me afew weeks ago just stick to this site and it will definately help your game.

TY PS.Com
  • 3 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      there is more then 1 pro out there so in order to not play like a pro how exactly do you play, tom dwan, phil laak, phil hellmuth and all lot more they all have different styles. for instance if they way you play hypoteticaly makes you win the wsop then cash in many tournemnets you would be a pro

but keep up what your at if your in profit

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      yeah what I meant was you see pro's bluff 4 betting with trash so you think this is how to play when you start well I did anyway lmao. Basically just the good hands/bluffs shown on TV. All I was saying was not to attempt all this stuff until you learn the game.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thank you for all the tips for the other players. :)