Is it just bad luck?

• yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Devastated today. Don't even know how I lost this much. Happened a couple of days in a row like this. I don't think I made too many mistakes.

Maybe it's just that players in NL10SH are playing too damn loose aggressive and my foldings preflop (mostly pocket pairs under TT OR fold to 3b, AJ/AQ 3b fold to 4b) are just too damn weak.

Please tell me it's just bad luck. Or tell me about the leak if you see one.

Stats:

• 8 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      Devastated today. Don't even know how I lost this much. Happened a couple of days in a row like this. I don't think I made too many mistakes.
      I don't think its bad luck. Post hands.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Stats look perfect for FR imo.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Thanks for the comment Tokyoaces :)

After calming down I looked at hand history. Looks like I am having small leaks over too many tables (was 12 tabling). Too many "small" pot losses (about 10-15 BB) to post.

I went back to 4-tabling and it was much better.

I posted some hands at the hand evaluation forum. Check them out when you have time.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Stats look perfect for FR imo.
      REALLY? I was playing relatively loose (close to the standard SH chart) SH games.

NL10 have too many loose players around though.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think you're giving up to often looking at Non-SD winnings. NL10 is the first limit where you can sort of start bluffing your opponents out of pots, don't try it too much but throw a few semi bluffs out.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice.

I used to bluff like crazy for moderate sized pots because I don't want to give them up. Sometimes all my bluffs work and sometimes all of them don't seem to work at all.

Then I follow the advice of "don't bluff at all at NL10" and completely shut my bluff off and found that not helpful as well.

Not only I did not bluff in this session, I gave up too quickly to other's possible bluffs.

Originally posted by Wriggers
      I think you're giving up to often looking at Non-SD winnings. NL10 is the first limit where you can sort of start bluffing your opponents out of pots, don't try it too much but throw a few semi bluffs out.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Then I follow the advice of "don't bluff at all at NL10" and completely shut my bluff off and found that not helpful as well.
      In my opinion that advice does not apply to semi-bluffs for value. (For example betting or raising your draws in position.) I still wouldn't pure bluff an unknown at NL10. You want some indication that they are at least a level 1 thinker.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      In my opinion that advice does not apply to semi-bluffs for value. (For example betting or raising your draws in position.) I still wouldn't pure bluff an unknown at NL10. You want some indication that they are at least a level 1 thinker.
      This... Although I still can't break through the micro's...