So sick and tired of this bad run

• longfellow
      longfellow
      Bronze
      So I'm playing the weekly $320 WEdnesday game on PS and, once again, lose out just three spots from the $$. Was in the middle of the pack and my KK lost to 88. for the past month this has been happening over and over and over again. Just about ready to pack it in. I wouldn't have minded losing to AA or even AK (well, alright, I WOULD have minded losing to anything) but the guy is risking his entire tournament on 88???? My five bet was made from UTG - maybe an all-in right off the bat would have been the better bet. And now with nothing to show for four hours of play.

Frustrated.
  • 2 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Hi longfellow,

I think you should be posting these on downswing reports, but i'll give you an answer anyway so it might help.

If there's one thing i've learned, is you can't be result orientaded, as long as you've made the right play, there's no way you can influence on what the board will look like.

Frustration really sucks, and when it hits you the first thing to do is actually taking a break, re-evaluate your plays. The bad beats are out there and even AA loses to KK 20% of the time. Think about it, the 2-outer would be any different if you went all in versus AJo and the board went 45J9J? No, actually.

Maybe you could post the hand and learn from it, have some more experienced players review it, as any play after a review it, will most likely be +$EV in the long run.

Best Regards,
      Jo.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      I think you shouldn't be posting this at all.
      Nobodey cares bout your bad beats.

We all get them, it's just that some of us know how to deal with them better.
      You're not special in any way.