$10.69
      MP2:
      $9.51
      MP3:
      $6.84
      CO:
      $12.51

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, A.
      5 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 5, A, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.7) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.7) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $1.7.
      Results follow:

Hero shows four of a kind, aces(3 A).
      BU shows a full-house, aces full of fours(2 4).

Hero wins with four of a kind, aces(3 A).

bet turn? couldn't think of any hand that would pay me off
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Usually I start by checking the flop since we rarely get 3 streets of value from worse and even when we do we also get called down by better trips often enough to offset our profit, so I'd rather give people a chance to bluff or catch Kx on the turn or something to get more value of what are probably two very weak ranges.

Given that after you bet the flop and villain called it's gross, since you didn't keep whiffed hands in his range or anything, he's now heavily weighted towards better trips and random pairs, which aren't easy to get on that board, and even if he has the latter, he might not call a turn bet with them. You can't really check/call either unless you expect him to have floated the flop with nothing or to protect by betting the turn with his weak pairs. So it really is gross. I'd say when in doubt bet/fold it and hope for the best, it's better than relinquishing initiative and have no clue what's going on.

On the river I'd bet pot or even overbet it, if villain doesn't have a boat he's not calling unless he's being a hero, if he has a boat chances are he's going to call us regardless even if we 2x it, so I'm fine being greedy in such spots with the nuts.

Hope it helps.