This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR, QJs resteal from BB

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

I think I played this hand correctly, but I want to prove it to myself with an equation and see how much +EV play it was.
      I think it is somewhere in the strategy section, but I would like to use this example and from here I will do it myself :)
      So here I go:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $22.00
      CO:
      $9.63
      BU:
      $38.84
      SB:
      $21.31
      BB (Hero):
      $25.00
      MP2:
      $25.00

villain is 12/11 after 105 hands, 46% resteal (13)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BU calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.1) 2, 4, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, BU calls $2.75.

Turn: ($10.6) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.00, Hero raises to $19.75, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16.6.

My plan on flop was to c/r AI any safe card meaning no A,K and club. For that cas I had to bet one BB more on F.

I give him calling range 99+, AQ+ of which I can count everything as continuation range on given flop. I have 55% equity against 45%.
      If i exclude AA and KK from that range I have 68 to 32 because I think he would 3 bet them either preflop or on flop. and even if not I can discount my equity on flop to 60% against his 40%.
      On the turn he bets 6 into 10.6 so I bet 19.75 to win 16.6.
      I have 54% equity of the pot and he has 46%.

His range without AA, but with KK is 3,32%. Against that range I have 58% equity on turn. He folds AKo, AKs and AQs that isnt hearts or clubs. other things he shoves. So his shoving range is 2,4% and against that range I have 33% equity. So I have 30% fold equity plus 33% hand range equity.

And now I don't know how to continue with the equation, but I have a feeling that the play with the assigned hand range wasn't so +Ev as I thought. It looks to me as breakeven play.

I know the equation is based on a reasonably tight calling range. If I add some random broadway crap or lower pocket pairs I get better results.

Thank you for help and advices :)
  • 1 reply