[NL2-NL10] NL2 KK in BB

• Oziriz
      Oziriz
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($2)
      UTG+1 ($1.81)
      MP1 ($2.26)
      SB ($1.98)
      UTG ($1.99)
      MP3 ($2.50)
      Button ($2)
      Villain (MP2) ($1.98)
      CO ($1.89)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
      3 folds, Villain calls $0.02, 3 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero bets $0.08, Villain calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.22) 6, 7, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, Villain calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.50) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, Villain calls $0.32

River: ($1.14) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, Villain calls $0.54

Total pot: $2.22

This was my first hand at the table, I had no reads or stats on villain and didn't know what he was up to. Should I have played this different in any way? In hindsight, I probably should have either checked or shoved the river.
  • 4 replies
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      I think u need to bet more , 2/3 of the pot size not 1/2 and I think I would c/c a small bet from villain on the river , I don't think u're missing a lot of value there w/ KK .
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      Yeah, you should be raising 4BB +1 per limper pre-flop specially when you don't have position on all you opponents. On the river I would also check/call since there's the chance he could have made two pair/set/straight on such board.
    • Oziriz
      Oziriz
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies!

Originally posted by minihulk22
      I think u need to bet more , 2/3 of the pot size not 1/2 and I think I would c/c a small bet from villain on the river , I don't think u're missing a lot of value there w/ KK .
      I think c/c is a better line than the one I took.

Originally posted by Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Yeah, you should be raising 4BB +1 per limper pre-flop specially when you don't have position on all you opponents. On the river I would also check/call since there's the chance he could have made two pair/set/straight on such board.
      Yeah, I noticed I didn't bet properly pre-flop after I had posted - mustn't have noticed SB limped or something. ?(
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like your line except I'd bet slightly bigger all the way from preflop to the turn.

On the river with a 4-straight on board your bet is fine, villain could still have Jx and call with it, and since you have no reads on him you don't know that he's capable of bluffing busted hearts on the river, which means when checked to he might only bet hands that beat you and check behind Jx hands, which makes check/calling bad in pretty much every way. I'd rank bet/fold >> check/fold > check/call.

Hope it helps.