Hero (CO): $2.62
      BTN: $1.90
      SB: $2.71
      BB: $2.82
      UTG: $1.69
      UTG+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has T:spade: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.04, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 3 players) 8:heart: K:spade: 4:diamond:
      UTG+1 bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.39, 2 players) T:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.28, fold

Hero wins $0.38

I think I should have checked the turn to try and induce a bluff on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      I wouldnt personally call a raise from UTG with KTos as a rule, not without a read or stats that tell me he raises like 20% UTG. Its more likly that a UTG raiser has JJ+ AK or even AQ or if their unknown I at least give them credit for that type of hand. This keeps me out of tough spots like floping top pair with the K for instance then UTG shows up with AK or AA, it happens too often.

It worked this time but i dont think its a profitable call in the long run. Most people proberbly will agree that a UTG raise is best called by a poket pair to set mine as long as you have the implieds, either you hit or you miss and when you hit UTG raisers at nl2 dont like giving up an overpair or tptk for example

IMO calling with hands like KT even against the fishes is thin value and very high high variance. Be patient find the fat value such as sets and so on thats where most of the profit on the micros is found

Just my opinion if any1 thinks i'm chatting compleet bollox please tell me
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dannyf85
      I wouldnt personally call a raise from UTG with KTos as a rule, not without a read or stats that tell me he raises like 20% UTG. Its more likly that a UTG raiser has JJ+ AK or even AQ or if their unknown I at least give them credit for that type of hand. This keeps me out of tough spots like floping top pair with the K for instance then UTG shows up with AK or AA, it happens too often.

It worked this time but i dont think its a profitable call in the long run. Most people proberbly will agree that a UTG raise is best called by a poket pair to set mine as long as you have the implieds, either you hit or you miss and when you hit UTG raisers at nl2 dont like giving up an overpair or tptk for example

IMO calling with hands like KT even against the fishes is thin value and very high high variance. Be patient find the fat value such as sets and so on thats where most of the profit on the micros is found

Just my opinion if any1 thinks i'm chatting compleet bollox please tell me
      Agreed mostly but what you said apply more in NL10 > than in NL2 :P
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sounds okay to me if you're trying to earn playing dominated broadways without reads is usually a very bad idea, otherwise if you're trying to learn you might as well get involved in such spots at nl2 when the stakes are lowest and see for yourself why it's dicey to play those hands correctly, read downright unprofitable without reads.

As played I'd raise the flop slightly bigger and bet the turn like you did. I just don't think villain bet/calls the flop with complete air that often on that board, if he doesn't have Kx he's more likely to have some 33/A-high hand that he won't need to bluff with on the river anyway so you won't get much value out of that unless you check back turn and bet river then maybe they get more suspicious.

Problem is you'll lose the chance to get 3 streets of value out of worse Kx hands when doing that, which will show way higher profits than targetting marginal-air hands with a check back turn / bet river line. So unless you can discard Kx from his range somehow, like you've seen him c-bet more with top pair before or something, just bet bet bet.

Hope it helps.