$13.73
      MP3:
      $12.57
      CO:
      $15.84
      BU:
      $11.73

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 8.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 7, K, 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU bets $0.42, Hero raises to $1.10, BB folds, BU raises to $3.00, Hero ???,

villain was 50/0 over 50 hands but seemed to play not so terrible postflop
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Because you flat preflop, it's tough to tell. BU might be slow-playing AK/AA preflop however got desparated with 2 limpers behind therefore overbet the flop. Or BU might have a set or a better 2 pair that had you crushed.

I would flat call on flop and keep the pot small. This way you can even call down to keep your equity.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i dont really like calling with bottom 2 pair on the flop because your opponents usually have overcards which can outdraw on you so u kinda play in the dark on the turn and river
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't see much of a point in calling the flop out of position. Villain often isn't bluffing so we can't really induce much of anything and when he's playing his hand like that he's 1/ going to shove the turn very often 2/ very rarely folding to a flop jam, so the question is just whether we beat enough overplayed one pair hands to go broke right on the flop or not.

There are only 2 combos of 77/88 left in the deck. If he can limp KK preflop he can limp AA, and with twice as many combos of AA than KK on that flop we can't be afraid of running into KK provided he can play AA like that, which frankly he probably can. K8/K7 are the real problem, they easily fit his line. It's a judgment call from there. Based on what you've seen from him in the first 50 hands, do you think he can overplay AK on that flop? If you think he can shove over, if not just fold. Usually when in doubt I'm just jamming.

Hope it helps.