Well goodbye...

• garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      After depositing and playing for about 3 months on Full tilt, as soon as i tried to withdraw they tell me that my account has been cancelled because about 2 years ago my brother made an account under the same IP address....
      I see where they're coming from, it's just annoying that they let you deposit no problem, and only tell you when you withdraw.
      They said they would put my funds onto "my original account", but I can say goodbye to this website, and Rakeback...Whats the point of even playing?

Well goodbye everyone. It was fun
  • 21 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Lol, 3 people at my house play on FT. Just get everyone to send in ID...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Goodbye man, it was fun having you around here
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Good luck for the future fella.

Hope everything works out so you can keep drawing in the fishs.

/C
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi gary,

I appreciate your frustration, so this is possibly one to sleep on and relook at again tomorrow.

I would however strongly recommend that you contact Full Tilt's support team to discuss the matter further and to let them know that the previous account was actually your brothers and not yours.

It is understandable and right that Full Tilt take action against what they believe are duplicate accounts, but I'm sure they will listen to you if they have made a genuine mistake in this particular case.

If you can just ensure that you put across your points in a calm methodical and respectful way and as MrMardyBum has indicated, sending in ID proof for both yourself and your brother may help your cause.
      Try to give as much detail as possible so that their support team can look into your situation fully.

I personally have always found Full Tilt support to be very understanding and quick to rectify the odd mistake when it has occured on my account, although I appreciate my issues were minor and didn't involve a full closure.

Hope it gets sorted quickly for you, let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      If you can just ensure that you put across your points in a calm methodical and respectful way and as MrMardyBum has indicated, sending in ID proof for both yourself and your brother may help your cause.
      This is very excellent advice.

It has been my experience that calm and respectful and clear is extremely important. If you become emotional or irrational it only causes their security team to believe their assumptions are correct and that you are trying to scam Full Tilt.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      +1, i had problems before with my brother playing his account here at xmas. after we both provided ID it was fine.

(his account is under same address even though he lives abroad now lol)
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Sorry to go off topic but:

I'll be living in a house with a semi pro next year for our last year of Uni, and we both play on FTP...Do you advise us sending an email or something to FTP explaining the situation?

/C
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I'll be living in a house with a semi pro next year for our last year of Uni, and we both play on FTP...Do you advise us sending an email or something to FTP explaining the situation?

It definately won't hurt.
    • garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      my brother used his own name but my date of birth when making his account so i don't think that would work....

Strangely enough , I can't log onto the old account now either. I hate the way they let me deposit onto a new acocunt but when I want to withdraw they tell me I can't use it, bit unfair...I emailed them again but I hate the slow responses.
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Originally posted by garyk5846
      my brother used his own name but my date of birth when making his account so i don't think that would work....

Strangely enough , I can't log onto the old account now either. I hate the way they let me deposit onto a new acocunt but when I want to withdraw they tell me I can't use it, bit unfair...I emailed them again but I hate the slow responses.
      Yea, I sent an email but still no reply.

I hope everything works out for you. It'll be a shame for a player to have to go because FTP cannot understand the situation.

However, FTP is a business, and will probably say No and walk away. =/

/C
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      They will simply send the money to your 1st acc and you will be able do what ever you want with it lol. I had 4 acc's blocked like this :f_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by garyk5846
      Originally posted by jecis4
      They will simply send the money to your 1st acc and you will be able do what ever you want with it lol. I had 4 acc's blocked like this :f_biggrin:
      Guys, I cannot stress enough (and you will have seen me write this in the forums many many times), you must ensure that you use your real correct details and do not make duplicate accounts. The consequences of not doing so are severe and can include lifetime bans and confiscation of money etc.

Whilst I ofc don't know the full circumstances of your case Gary, it would appear that your brother has cost you your account on Full Tilt and possibly even a total ban.
      You simply cannot get away with inputing someone else's details for whatever reason (I'm guessing your brother was under 18 but it really doesn't matter why he did it), poker platforms will find out eventually.

I would still suggest contacting Full Tilt support as stated before and genuinely hope you are able to resolve it positively, but from the little information you have already provided, I fear that Full Tilt were perfectly justified in closing your account/accounts.

I think your brother owes you many favours :rolleyes:

Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hey BC, explain your going to be in university, and that the ip address for the campus will obviously have more than one user. Its out of your control, and they can't really knock you for it methinks.

if your living off campus, I wouldn't worry at all. plenty of people have relatives playing in same house with no problems.
    • garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      obviously if i had a duplicate account, and won a few freerolls and built up my bankroll they would be allowed confiscate my money........but is it not illegal to allow me to deposit to a duplicate account but never withdraw?
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      its never illegal to deposit ;)

edit: hope you can still fix this, with youre older account ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Gary,

Confiscation of funds is something they do occasionally, I know of cases where it has happened. It would be mainly where someone wilfully gained an unfair advantage through having 2x or more accounts, eg. where someone knowingly tries to obtain money through fraud, sitting at the same table, bots etc.
      I stated that more as a warning to other members, I wasn't implying anything against yourself.

I wouldn't have thought this is likely to happen to you due to the circumstances (outside your control) you described, but this is why i think being totally unfront with Full Tilt support and stating the facts calmly and clearly would really help you. Wish you well buddy, hope it gets sorted ok.

In terms of other members boasting they've had numerous accounts blocked, I just despair. The terms & conditions are clear and attempting to circumvent them can result in severe measures. It's just not worth it folks :f_mad:

Best regards,

Bart
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I think there is a lot more to this story than you are making out, here's why.

I have been caught with muliple accounts on two occasions at Full Tilt (8 accounts total - only 3 had money pass through them) the first time I was caught they blocked all accounts except the most active one and basically said "Bad boy, you are not allowed to do that". The second time I got caught I was clearing a FDB as well and they blocked my new account and transfered the whole lot to my main account, and they let me keep all I had cleared after I sent them a very apologetic email. This time they gave me a final warning "Once more and insta-ban".

I do not advise anyone to do this! Each time I only had small amounts of cash on my accounts ($300 or less), and that probably helped my cause. Also, I'm sure having a money transfer from Joe "The Elegance" Beavers probably more than helped my cause here as he is one of their sponsered pros.

I've found Full Tilt to be extremely forgiving in these kinds of situations and can't see why if this is all that's happened they wouldn't approach your case in exactly the same way.

As for any legal issues, you have broken a legal agreement between yourself and Full Tilt poker, okay maybe it was your brother but I guess unless you can prove this by getting him to write a full confession or something (I don't know) then you are in the wrong and you are the one that has trespassed on the wrong side of the legal line, and as stated in FT Terms & conditions they now have the right to block both accounts and confiscate any funds that are in them.

I guess they could of up'd their stance on this as at the moment their fate is still up in the air due to the new bill that passed recently which may see them not being able to have US players at their site which will obviously affect their profits in a major way should the decision be against them.

Good luck with your case, but if you want real help I suggest you e-mail Full Tilt support, and not only apologise but explain the whole situation with no if's, but's or maybe's but with the complete truth. It's the only way you may have a slight chance of actually getting your roll back IMO. They maybe slow at repsonding, but they are not fools so don't think that you may be able to lie yourself out of the situation.

This is not a boost as Eaglestar suggested, this is merely how I come to the conclusion. I was both stupid and irresponsible to open multiple accounts and I am very lucky that I am allowed to play there and I won't ever be creating a new account and I suggest any of you that may be thinking this could be a good idea, just remember that OP is facing the chance of losing all his BR here and think how you may feel if you get found out and are then put in this situation... And you will eventually get found out as Eaglestar rightly said.

For example: Everytime you mail support they cross check your name - email address - house address and phone number against their database to check for duplicates.

I hope you get your bankroll back dude because it must suck to be you right now.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      I guess they could of up'd their stance on this as at the moment their fate is still up in the air due to the new bill that passed recently which may see them not being able to have US players at their site which will obviously affect their profits in a major way should the decision be against them.
      No bill has been voted on nor passed. It has merely come out of committee and is not even schedule for a vote in the house. It is very unlikely that a house vote will happen before November and even so the current Senate would easily destroy it. Most likely its supporters will wait until after the November elections and attempt to get the necessary support for it to pass.

In all likelihood this will have to get attached to another bill in order to pass much like the UIGEA got attached to the safe port bill. In any case it is probably at least a year from even getting a vote.

I know most Americans don't even know how their government works so I certainly don't expect anyone else to! I just wanted to point out that Full Tilt isn't going to be making any business decisions based on a bill that isn't being voted on. Furthermore is the UIGEA is banking legislation thus since Full Tilt is not a US bank it cannot possibly be in violation of it. :D
    • garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      @MrMardyBum

Did your "most active account", or "original account" happen to the one that was linked to pokerstrategy? Or are you linked with another website at the moment?
      They are very understanding I'm sure enough that they will give me my funds to my original account, and I'll explain the problem, I completely see where they are coming from