Hero ($130)
      UTG+2 ($58.60)
      MP1 ($144)
      CO ($96.15)
      BTN ($131)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $4

FLOP ($13) 5:heart: 4:heart: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB raises to $20, Hero raises to $124 (AI)

Villain just joined the table so he is unknown. He does have a fishy stack, as from what I remember he bought in with 30xbb.

The c/r on mono board is ugly! He could have set, 2-pair FD flush OESD... :f_cry:
      Was I stubborn to shove :f_biggrin: ?
      Or just follow the basic strategy and jam it with OP; thinking he will take this line with 66 for example? :f_love:

• 2 replies
    • Gerv
      I would bet $10 as a cBet, it forces him to put more money in the pot if he wants to c/R bluff you. You bet really really weak which he can easily risk $20 (w/o being committed) to win $21 hence I think he plays perfect because of you.

I rule out pure bluffs and weak-semibluffs. Hence you are in a spot of slightly ahead/way behind spot in the sense of facing 2pair+ or facing flushdraw+pair or some kind of combo draw

So you are facing & you have %equity:
      ** Made flushes = 2.8% equity
      ** 2pairs (54s) = 21% equity
      ** set = 12% equity
      ** Pair+Flushdraw (A:h9) = 56% equity
      ** OESD+Flushdraw (7:h6) = 44% equity
      ** naked flushdraw (A:hT) = 63% equity
      ** Gutshot+Flushdraw (8:h6) = 53%
      ** pocketpair with a
      -> 6:h6 = 55%
      -> T:hTs = 58%

As you can see you have around 62% maximum equity against a rockbottom of 15% at worst.

Assuming he won't c/R to fold on your shove because I do not think he ever does this with pure air, it is safe to say EV-wise it is better to either ''call'' and expect to shove it in on a safe turn. or to fold

Best regards,
    • Tampaloeres81
      Hi Gerv,

Hmm yes, it's about what I thought reviewing the hand as well (slightly ahead/way behind). I bet so small because I've read in some article to bet 1/2 pot on mono boards... I wont do that anymore :)

If we do bet $10 and get raised it's a clear fold or can we call? As you said he cant really bluff anymore and our average equity sux. So against unknow I think folding is the best play.

I was really suprised to see him doing this with 66 and NO FD :f_o: I was the luckier fish this time :rolleyes:

I checked it, it was his first hand at the table. He immediately left after he lost. Probably made a $60 deposit and lost it on his first hand :P