This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200 AA mono board c/raised

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer
      SB ($128)
      BB ($60)
      UTG ($41.10)
      Hero ($130)
      UTG+2 ($58.60)
      MP1 ($144)
      CO ($96.15)
      BTN ($131)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $4

FLOP ($13) 5:heart: 4:heart: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB raises to $20, Hero raises to $124 (AI)

Hi,

Villain just joined the table so he is unknown. He does have a fishy stack, as from what I remember he bought in with 30xbb.

The c/r on mono board is ugly! He could have set, 2-pair FD flush OESD... :f_cry:
      Was I stubborn to shove :f_biggrin: ?
      Or just follow the basic strategy and jam it with OP; thinking he will take this line with 66 for example? :f_love:

Thanks,

T.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would bet $10 as a cBet, it forces him to put more money in the pot if he wants to c/R bluff you. You bet really really weak which he can easily risk $20 (w/o being committed) to win $21 hence I think he plays perfect because of you.

I rule out pure bluffs and weak-semibluffs. Hence you are in a spot of slightly ahead/way behind spot in the sense of facing 2pair+ or facing flushdraw+pair or some kind of combo draw

So you are facing & you have %equity:
      ** Made flushes = 2.8% equity
      ** 2pairs (54s) = 21% equity
      ** set = 12% equity
      ** Pair+Flushdraw (A:h9) = 56% equity
      ** OESD+Flushdraw (7:h6) = 44% equity
      ** naked flushdraw (A:hT) = 63% equity
      ** Gutshot+Flushdraw (8:h6) = 53%
      ** pocketpair with a
      -> 6:h6 = 55%
      -> T:hTs = 58%

As you can see you have around 62% maximum equity against a rockbottom of 15% at worst.

Assuming he won't c/R to fold on your shove because I do not think he ever does this with pure air, it is safe to say EV-wise it is better to either ''call'' and expect to shove it in on a safe turn. or to fold

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

Hmm yes, it's about what I thought reviewing the hand as well (slightly ahead/way behind). I bet so small because I've read in some article to bet 1/2 pot on mono boards... I wont do that anymore :)

If we do bet $10 and get raised it's a clear fold or can we call? As you said he cant really bluff anymore and our average equity sux. So against unknow I think folding is the best play.

I was really suprised to see him doing this with 66 and NO FD :f_o: I was the luckier fish this time :rolleyes:

I checked it, it was his first hand at the table. He immediately left after he lost. Probably made a $60 deposit and lost it on his first hand :P

T.