Equity: KTo vs A2s good call?

    • gutocrapula
      gutocrapula
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.02.2009 Posts: 52
      Hey, after busting with all in on heads up with KTo against A2s I checked the equilator...

      aparently, KTo against even A2o has only 42,583% equity...

      The thing is, I KNEW, he was holding aces when he raised and decided to flip...

      was that a bad call considering the blinds were 400 + antes?
  • 9 replies
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      Joined: 11.03.2009 Posts: 408
      What were the stack sizes?
    • gutocrapula
      gutocrapula
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.02.2009 Posts: 52
      around 7k both
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      Joined: 11.03.2009 Posts: 408
      According to Nash Equilibrium it is correct. That is, if the villain follows it. I assume in your case he was tighter and not playing optimally. If this is the case, then you could very well have waited for a better spot. Especially when you knew he had an ace?

      If at all possible, be the one who puts the villain under pressure. Push more, call less. :)

      http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/hune.html
    • gutocrapula
      gutocrapula
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.02.2009 Posts: 52
      Originally posted by Styr
      According to Nash Equilibrium it is correct. That is, if the villain follows it. I assume in your case he was tighter and not playing optimally. If this is the case, then you could very well have waited for a better spot. Especially when you knew he had an ace?

      If at all possible, be the one who puts the villain under pressure. Push more, call less. :)

      http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/hune.html

      thx, I think it was a bad call now... my read was really precise that he would have Aces
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.06.2010 Posts: 1,151
      I don't see how you knew he had an ace. You should put your opponent on a range, and then see if you have enough equity (perhaps 47%) against that range. Did you feel that your opponent would fold 88? QJ? Or that he would play them in another way?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      if you had a good feeling about the hand then i'd say it was a pretty great call
    • gutocrapula
      gutocrapula
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.02.2009 Posts: 52
      Originally posted by ihufa
      if you had a good feeling about the hand then i'd say it was a pretty great call
      good feeling?
    • gutocrapula
      gutocrapula
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.02.2009 Posts: 52
      Originally posted by pzhon
      I don't see how you knew he had an ace. You should put your opponent on a range, and then see if you have enough equity (perhaps 47%) against that range. Did you feel that your opponent would fold 88? QJ? Or that he would play them in another way?
      From watching him play, I concluded he wouldn't be shoving without an ace and was right...

      Guess I felt he would play other hands in another way...
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.09.2008 Posts: 263
      cash is much more complex .you play with many bb and most of the bets and raises are just for a small portion of your stack, so you have to think more deeply.
      Its is also more dangerous beacause you are not playing for chips, but for real money and can lose your whole stack in one hand.