[NL2-NL10] NL5 Was it a good or a bad call?

• Subaaru

I am playing microstakes poker for 4 months only and have been watching a lot of videos and attended coachings and have heard a lot about how great is this Hand judging feature so figured to try it out.
      So here it goes my first hand.

Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , J:club:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,15, SB calls $0,13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,35) K:heart: , 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,2, SB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,75) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,15, Hero raises to $0,55, SB raises to $1,67 (All-In), Hero calls $1,12.

River: ($4,09) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,09

I guess my main question here is if I should have called the last raise. I felt that I am pretty commited to call there after my 55c raise and in retrospect I think I should have 3-bet there but just slightly over min raise (like 35c or so) to be able to fold to a re-raise. But I guess his small stack size and fact that there are actually not too many hands that beat me made me go for it a bit more aggresive than I would usually do it.

• 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      Villain calls cbet and donks turn, which indicates strength. I would just call turn and see if river completes any FD and villain's move on the river. If no FD completes and villain shuts off then you can take the pot down. If villain continue to show strength regardless of river then you need to be careful, call/fold depends on the size of the river bet.

As played I think your turn raise achieved little. Villain could have set, 2 pairs, top pair + diamond draw, or even heart FD and just push there with a SS for either equity or fold equity and you can never tell. You don't have enough read to help your judgment either.

Without a read I think you are very likely crushed there. Villain seems didn't care what A you had, which means he had better than AJ.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Bet more on the flop, it's drawy so you need to charge draws as much as you can and if he has Kx he's never folding, chances are a 25/0 is never folding any pair on the flop even if you pot it. So do that or close to it.

As played easy raise/call on the turn, I'd make it even bigger around $0.8. He could have Kx or any random draw that he'll donk/call with, there is too much value in raising for you to pass that up. When he shoves over it looks somewhat grim but he could still have stuff like AK/A7/AdXd and play them exactly like that, so you can't be afraid to get set-over-setted. Not to mention even passive fish will often min3bet KK+ preflop, so really few hands beat yours on the turn.

Hope it helps.