This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

First big tourny

• drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      So, my bankroll isn't quite large enough to buy into the $22 Double Douce on FT yet with a prize pool of $200k. But I noticed I could get into a satellite today for only 500FT points which I did indeed have. So I anted up and.... got myself in. Pretty pumped, 1st place is $31k. Hopefully Sunday evening I will be posting here again :)
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Good luck... :)
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Thank you very much. I am not sure if I should spent the next few days practicing my ass off, or if I should take a break and come in fresh. Any advice?
    • PacMakaveli
      PacMakaveli
      Silver
      gj but don't get your hopes up as it's one of the hardest tournies to cash in
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Bronze
      if u get cards i love this TN... but dont try to steal/bluff too much there, pretty sick what this fish loaded pack calls u down with! i'd play that one really nitty but very aggressiv :)

gl by the way, but as stated, pretty hard to outstand such a field, allthough it say "just bring 22 bucks and a dream"... u def. need that dream, but dont be said if it doesnt work at all ^^
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice Geoelt. I apreciate it. My current plan is to be as tight as possible and than pounce on em when I get a solid hand... until the figure that out of course.
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Bronze
      vs 80-90% of the field i wouldnt have the fear they figure anything out :D

dont play to tight at the beginning, its often possible to see a cheap flop with small pairs or sc etc... as long as the blinds are low u should take those possibilities... cause at some point u have to make some chips if u want to cahs there ;)