First big tourny

• drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      So, my bankroll isn't quite large enough to buy into the $22 Double Douce on FT yet with a prize pool of $200k. But I noticed I could get into a satellite today for only 500FT points which I did indeed have. So I anted up and.... got myself in. Pretty pumped, 1st place is $31k. Hopefully Sunday evening I will be posting here again :)
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Good luck... :)
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Thank you very much. I am not sure if I should spent the next few days practicing my ass off, or if I should take a break and come in fresh. Any advice?
    • PacMakaveli
      PacMakaveli
      Silver
      gj but don't get your hopes up as it's one of the hardest tournies to cash in
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Diamond
      if u get cards i love this TN... but dont try to steal/bluff too much there, pretty sick what this fish loaded pack calls u down with! i'd play that one really nitty but very aggressiv :)

gl by the way, but as stated, pretty hard to outstand such a field, allthough it say "just bring 22 bucks and a dream"... u def. need that dream, but dont be said if it doesnt work at all ^^
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice Geoelt. I apreciate it. My current plan is to be as tight as possible and than pounce on em when I get a solid hand... until the figure that out of course.
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Diamond
      vs 80-90% of the field i wouldnt have the fear they figure anything out :D

dont play to tight at the beginning, its often possible to see a cheap flop with small pairs or sc etc... as long as the blinds are low u should take those possibilities... cause at some point u have to make some chips if u want to cahs there ;)