$6.04
      CO:
      $6.22
      BU:
      $13.65
      SB:
      $2.18

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.15, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.67, CO folds, BU calls $0.67, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.52, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($2.23) J, K, 3 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.23) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.00, Hero raises to $4.37(All-In), BU calls $2.37.

River: ($12.97) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.97.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, queens(Qh Qc).
      BU shows two pairs, aces and kings(Kd Ac).

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens(Qh Qc).

rush. no stats
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      You played well. But ur check on the turn was risky. If villain check back and your hand will be destroyed by the river A.

Villain most likely had AK (AA/KK will probably 4b preflop/bet out more on flop than 1/2 pot) and most of the time he will pay you off if you bet $3 on the turn. But if you ch-raise like that, AK would probably fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you played it fine.

I don't expect anybody to fold Kx on the flop so turning our hand into a semi-bluff by c-betting there will mostly be ineffective against better hands. We might get some value from AcX hands but we're not doing that good against those anyway, also we'd have no good option on a blank turn out of position so it'd be a gross spot to force ourselves into.

I'd probably shove the turn for value myself when we make a set. As played villain won't really bet/fold the turn for just $2 more, shoving is good.

@yeahyoung: we can't totally discount KK+, it's quite possible for people to coldcall the 3-bet in position with 3 other players involved, just to see if somebody will 4-bet so that they can shove over, instead of looking dead-scary with a cold4bet right off the bat. The c-betting sizing thing looks ok but the same thing should be expected out of AK with TPTK.

Hope it helps.