[NL2-NL10] Nl10: Ak

• rubysilesia
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , A:diamond:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 4 folds, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) K:diamond: , 5:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,20, Hero raises to $0,60, BB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($2,05) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,90, BB calls $0,90.

I felt like he got weaker K

River: ($3,85) Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,90, BB raises to $1,80, Hero calls $0,90.

I bet the river again coz i knew that he is commited and will call it with weaker K, after check raise his hand was obvious but I had to call it right?

Final Pot: $7,45
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      As played you have to call river.

I'd play the hand a little differently though. I'd begin by noting that the BB's stack size is a bit fishy. He is most probably not a set-miner.

I would raise to about $1 on the flop and expect to be called by draws/weaker K's.

I'd then bet about 3/4 pot on the turn so as to extract value from draws which would otherwise not call a bet on the river unles they hit.

These bet sizes would set-up an easily callable (by K-x) river-bet.

If the BB hits his three-outer on the river then so be it. If you bet less in these situations you are leaving money on the table.
    • rubysilesia
      I didn't want to build huge pot here even thou I was sure that I'm ahead. To many times I sucked with AK TPTK. Considering his stack (I didn't spot that), a push on the turn is better I reckon.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi rubysilesia!

I would raise more on the flop (~$1.20) to protect your hand. In addition you have an easy all-in on the turn if you get called. If he has a set: so be it. But more often you will see weaker kings or draws here.

Good luck at the tables!