This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10: Ak

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $5,28
      BB:
      $4,86
      Hero:
      $12,32
      MP3:
      $6,04
      MP1:
      $2
      CO:
      $7,78
      SB:
      $4,08

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , A:diamond:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 4 folds, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) K:diamond: , 5:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,20, Hero raises to $0,60, BB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($2,05) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,90, BB calls $0,90.

I felt like he got weaker K

River: ($3,85) Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,90, BB raises to $1,80, Hero calls $0,90.

I bet the river again coz i knew that he is commited and will call it with weaker K, after check raise his hand was obvious but I had to call it right?

Final Pot: $7,45
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      As played you have to call river.

I'd play the hand a little differently though. I'd begin by noting that the BB's stack size is a bit fishy. He is most probably not a set-miner.

I would raise to about $1 on the flop and expect to be called by draws/weaker K's.

I'd then bet about 3/4 pot on the turn so as to extract value from draws which would otherwise not call a bet on the river unles they hit.

These bet sizes would set-up an easily callable (by K-x) river-bet.

If the BB hits his three-outer on the river then so be it. If you bet less in these situations you are leaving money on the table.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      I didn't want to build huge pot here even thou I was sure that I'm ahead. To many times I sucked with AK TPTK. Considering his stack (I didn't spot that), a push on the turn is better I reckon.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

I would raise more on the flop (~$1.20) to protect your hand. In addition you have an easy all-in on the turn if you get called. If he has a set: so be it. But more often you will see weaker kings or draws here.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81