I'm struggling with blind stealers..

• erwite
      erwite
      Bronze
      Hey,

I keep struggling with players stealing my blinds. What's the best strategy. Should I raise more often. So far I have been only doing it from the button or big blind with really strong hands. But it very frequently happens that I am with suited connectors and after a raise I am usually forced to fold. Should I mess around a bit. I mean. Reraise more often to test the opponent's hand. What would you advise?
  • 8 replies
    • erwite
      erwite
      Bronze
      Oh. I am playin NL2 tables on PS. And despite the stakes there are many tight players. I get it from hud stats. many players below 20 vpip. there seem to be a lot of action at full ring tables. Should I used the tactis I am using now. Fold to these raises. And maybe call only with card like pocket pairs AQ-AK? I have played 1,5 k hands so far and I am +0.38 which is not a great achievement. There is many leaks I need to work on but I still believe I am losing too much money due to inablity to defence myself against blind stealers.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Why call AQ AK an PP's? If you think there stealing light then 3bet out of the blinds light. But if you know there going to keep calling your 3bets regardless of what they have then you carnt 3bet light.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I'd be 3betting most PP and AJ+ in those situations. Suited connectors it's either a 3bet or a fold, they don't play well OOP without initiative, so that depends on their stealing range. I'd also be tempted to 3bet hands like A8s+
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Getting a bit adventurous with those Aces are we Wrigs? :P
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hehe :p I can deal with resteals with the mid-aces, it's the low ones that scare me :( :D
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi,

I have moved your thread to our strategy section.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      It is hard to say much after 1500 hands.

When you have a lot more hands, you can look at your positional stats. You are supposed to lose money from both blinds in all but the softest games (NL $2 might qualify), but you should not lose more than half of the blinds you post, and you may find that you only lose 1/3 of the blinds you post.

It is good that you are watching VPIPs in your HUD. Try adding more statistics related to blind-stealing, such as the player's total steal rate, or BTN steal rate and CO steal rate. You might also include the player's rate of folding to 3-bets, although that takes much longer to converge. You can use these to see which players are vulnerable to light 3-bets.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      man if you are playing 2NL, 5NL there is no point in defending the blinds, of course it can be profitable againt laggs that are capable of folding.
      Better if you spot a regular u can than 3bet him with tact, cold call make plays and that way you profit not from defending but attacking, so you can either steadily grow up stealing blinds yourself, or play break even until you hit your hand.