UTG ($149)
      UTG+1 ($191)
      Hero ($196)
      MP1 ($631)
      MP2 ($132)
      CO ($158)
      BTN ($175)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $12, fold, fold, CO calls $12, fold, fold, BB calls $8

FLOP ($38) 9:heart: 8:spade: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $25, CO folds, BB calls $25

TURN ($88) 9:heart: 8:spade: 6:club: 7:diamond:

BB bets $38, Hero calls $38

RIVER ($164) 9:heart: 8:spade: 6:club: 7:diamond: A:club:

BB bets $106, Hero folds

BB wins $161

Hi,

This hands turned out nasty!
      Only 80 hands on villain (ketaleko):
      24/12 3bet 14% so he looks aggro Laggy

Flop:
      Easy value bet with top set. Any reason to bet even bigger (except turn card)?

Turn:
      fold: straight is there and pot was 3-way, so big chance
      call: He is aggro, maybe he tries to buy the pot. We still have 11 outs for FH or quads and we will get his stack most likely.
      shove: we still beat all sets and 2-pairs, and we have outs to the FH quads

I went for calling and hoping for the best. Not a great game plan huh :f_cry:

Once he shoves the river, he knows I have a strong hand. He will shove straights for sure, but will he shove sets and 2-pairs as well?

But only JT makes sense, otherwise he would call flop with GS...

Thinking again, i should have called with 2nd nuts. (him making his set AAA is also very unlikely). Thing is, during play "I was super shure he made his straight"... Tilt?

Thanks,

T.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I was thinking long of this but as soon as I PTR'ed him it was pretty easy.

I wasnt sure if call turn & then fold river was the right play because as you said your range looks a bit more towards ''OK but not worth jamming it in''

However this guy plays everything FLSH, NLSH, NLFR from $0.5/$1 to $5/$10 sometimes.

he plays 29/13 at 1/2$ FR with AF 1.4, AFq 35% with moderately high Turn AFq but low river AFq

So against this player who barely even folds the Flop i would make it $30 on the Flop and call his Turn donkbet for boat. Then if you do not hit and he bets, you can safely assume he has a random Tx because he is just a random fish

What you also can do (alternative line) is raising Turn allin for $150 to win $126 approx with equity. If you think he can't fold sets and 2pair some % of the time you are good here

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv :)

He didnt seem that fishy at all at the table. Small sample size :f_biggrin:

T.