[NL2-NL10] NL10 good flop, rock opp

• NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      opp had stats 3/0 for 60 hands. It was really scary to raise flop or continue after turn with only top pair. By the end of session he had 12/9 for 18 hands. But again, for the moment of this hand i saw 3/0. I'm really not sure if i raise flop and go allin with toppair+fd. What can he pocket when he raise if he played 2 hands out of 60 and none with preflop raise? Only aces and kings come to head. And versus KK+ my topair+fd is huge underdog

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.28)
      Hero ($10.60)
      UTG ($10.62)
      CO ($18.56)
      BTN ($20.11)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.10) 7:heart: K:club: 8:heart:

SB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($2.70) 7:heart: K:club: 8:heart: 3:club:

SB bets $2, Hero folds

SB wins $2.57
  • 4 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Excuse my shot at this but I wanted to give it a go.

If you give you opponent the extremely nitty range of just JJ+ and AK you still have equity of 56% here therefore, a shove is profitable even with only one card to come. The call pre-flop is a sign that he is not particuarly strong here and then calling your raise also indicates that he doesn't have a made hand (IMO).

Saying this you are in a great position on the flop not only do you have position but you also have him betting into you OOP which where I'd be raising and trying to get All-In.

The most likely hand he has here if he is not bluffing or holding a king (Again IMO) is a set so if we give villain a set of 8's for the hell of it and then find your equity on the flop is only 29.79% and is reduced to 18% on the flop. That makes your fold perfect (I think). But that is giving him the very bottom of his range now and therefore we are ahead way to many times for it not to be profitable to get all in as soon as possible with that flop.

So if you are giving your opponent a set then you have to lower his range to include 88+ and against that range you still have 64% equity on the turn, so I think in the long-term a shove here is profitable, even with only one card to come.

Also, I think just calling on the flop gave him all the information he needed to fire again on the turn as you look very weak when just calling, so you could of induced a bluff here, or even a semi-bluff with a club or heart draw and no pair at all.

Although I am probably completely wrong :D
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      The call pre-flop is a sign that he is not particuarly strong here and then calling your raise also indicates that he doesn't have a made hand (IMO).
      MrMardyBum you read the hand history wrong.

As played, preflop call is questionable, QK often dominated there. So you are playing for flush or straight.

And when the flush draw comes, just raise it in on the flop. Plenty of outs with your combo draw + fold equity (slight tho). It just sucks to let this hand go there. Just try to get it in with a 3b.

Villain bet out on flop so you should know villain would bet out on turn 100%. Therefore when you flat call that flop, you can't expect a free card. So you are only playing for turn FD odds.

You can't put him on KK seeing 2Ks out there.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Ah bollocks! Lol
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against AA you´re flipping on the flop so you can raise flop adn get all-in if he wants
      I think also very reasonable is call flop, call turn and then fold river if you don´t improve
      I´d raise flop, since it makes your hand easier to play with very good equity and if get called you can always take free card and usually then he also icn´t going to bet that bog on the river or trying to go to showdown