$10.96
      CO (Hero):
      $44.94
      BU:
      $12.66
      SB:
      $13.92

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) 2, J, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BU raises to $2.00, SB folds, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.7.

Is this too weak of a fold here? Opponent looks like a maniac and I didn't feel comfortable to continue on this hand OOP.

Hand #2

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $11.73
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $14.09
      BB (Hero):
      $39.68

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      MP2 raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.2) 4, 8, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80, SB folds.

Turn: ($2.8) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.80, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.8.

In this one villain's stats suggest a NIT (4/4/0 over 25 hand or sth). So I just fold. Maybe I should bet out on turn... I don't know

Hand #3

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $13.11
      BB:
      $11.99
      MP2 (Hero):
      $11.32
      MP3:
      $4.41
      CO:
      $9.90
      BU:
      $11.36

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, K.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP3 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.55) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.80, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.55.

The bet on the turn looked so damn strong and I can't see how I can call another bet like this on the river so I gave up.

Hand #4

Play hand

Known players:
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $18.86
      BU:
      $16.87
      SB:
      $22.57
      BB:
      $11.72
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.55) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($6.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $12.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.55.

I thought I did fine. BU bet out so fast I just can't see him bluffing there. Good for me that he called down with a FD (what I put him on).
  • 4 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Mostly I would like to know if I am giving away too much equity in some of these hands.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Hand #1:
      I think that he can make that play with both draws and hands that beat you. If you are beaten then you don't have many outs and you are playing for 125bb. Maybe folding was -EV but it does prevent bigger mistakes in the future. (Actually I did the numbers and you had 58% equity here by my guess. :f_frown: )

Hand #2:
      Value bet the turn and fold to a raise. Bet the river only if you improve. (Just my opinion.)

Hand #3:
      See above. :D

Hand #4:
      On one hand you can value bet the river here. Draws that missed should fold and weak flush draws will probably only call. Strong flushes raise and you obviously fold.

On the other hand the obvious draw did hit and once he's shoved the river you really can't call, which is pretty sick since it makes it a perfect spot to bluff.

This seems like one of those villain dependent situations.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Ah I see now. I forgot I was deep on hand 1 and 2...

When I play deep I started to play a little bit tight/weak. Afraid of losing my winnings. Need to fix that or it becomes another leak.

And I agree I should bet out first in tough situations to know where I am. I check too fast when a scary card comes and even fishes might realize it's good to bluff me at that moment.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not folding against a maniac no matter how deep it is, unless he's like "maniacal with his normal bets but not really screwing with raises too much without the goods", which is a somewhat hard read to have. We don't really consider 125bb deep-stacked play by the way, it's only slightly more than 100bb and shouldn't change the correct play on most spots, especially not against that guy.

I'd either 3-bet the flop and call a shove or call the flop and check/jam most turns except maybe an A.

Tokyoaces is right in that it's better to fold unless you're prepared to felt it, but if you can't commit to calling down a manical for $2 you're gonna have a pretty tough time learning and moving up.

Fine by me. Villain looks really tight and is never good enough to valuebet worse Ax hands when checked to, so unless somehow his 4/4 is just a fluke you're so drawing-dead too often to screw with him. Even if he's a fish there is nothing to suggest he'd be bluffing or valuebetting worse there.

It's okay, if your opponent is on the loose/bad side you can bet/fold it instead. Against if he's a reg you're really screwing yourself by betting, so when in doubt I don't mind taking the check/fold turn line against guys who haven't proven aggressive enough to bluff me off the best hand on the turn (said differently, people way more likely to check back worse top pairs / pair+draw hands on the turn).

Could go either way. You need to weight how often he has the flush against how often he calls a shove with a lower overpair. It depends on whether he'd raise earlier sometimes with draws/overpairs/both, and whether he can actually make what we'd consider a hero fold for an unknown at these stakes with stuff like 99 on the river.

Either shove or check/fold, don't check/call. Nobody cares that it's a perfect bluff spot, nobody will show up on the river with enough hands that need to bluff and actually have the balls to do it, at least it won't happen often enough to make check/calling the best play.

Hope it helps.