[NL2-NL10] nl 10 thin value 2

Bronze
      13/12/6,1/27 wts

Thought flop is not ok to cb, but now I think if he is nit it's ok to cb, cause not many drw in his range. After he 2ce chk he never has flush here, so could I vb river, and what if he raises me?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14)
      BB ($10.04)
      Hero ($20.63)
      UTG+1 ($15.65)
      CO ($7.84)
      BTN ($13.73)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) 6:spade: 5:heart: 6:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

TURN ($0.95) 6:spade: 5:heart: 6:heart: T:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

RIVER ($0.95) 6:spade: 5:heart: 6:heart: T:heart: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree if he's a nit he doesn't have many draws in his range, but why does it make it a good idea to c-bet? If he doesn't have many draws he'll mostly have a strong AQ/AK/22+ calling range preflop, with maybe a bunch of suited broadways as well. Most of that won't fold to a c-bet on 665 in position, so I don't like c-betting that much unless you plan on barreling quite a few turn cards.

Turn is pretty much the same deal, it's possible he has a small flush that he didn't bet the flop with, other than that he probably still has pocket pairs / good A-highs that he's not planning on folding to just one bet. Either go ahead and fire two or just don't bet. Of course after you acted he checked behind so that pretty much discard the made flushes entirely.

River is fine. If he raises your bet it's really awkward because such a player shouldn't have a raising range in that spot. Maybe very weakly/trappy played 55/TT/small flush, once in a blue moon he might try and value-raise a worse Jx but I wouldn't count on it especially since I don't believe he calls preflop with many Jx hands. Frankly I'd just call the raise to see if he just spazzed out because it seems pretty much impossible for him to ever value-raise us in that spot.

Hope it helps.