I WON A SEAT INTO A $2000 TOURNAMENT! What to do now?

• noclaninator
      I won a package that includes a seat in RPS Egypt on Pokerstars. It was a fluke really and I do not really want to play in this tournament. I would much rather sell the seat somehow. Pokerstars does not allow you to unregister from this.

Anyone been in a similar situation? What should I do? Is there any way I can sell this package? Do I have to go to Egypt and sell the tournament ticket? Please help! I am severely underbankrolled for this!!!
  • 10 replies
    • drmikeB
      How did you win this? Through a satelitte? If so why would you play a satelitte to something you know you can't play? I mean, congrats on the sweet ass win, but I just don't understand why you would waste not only your time but also money playing for something that is useless to you.
    • noclaninator
      I play satellites regularly. Usually what I do is when I win the seat I unregister for the T$. I played like a $2.50 hyper turbo satellite into the $11 rebuy. I was going to unregister from the $11 but the tournament had already started and I was forced to play. This led to me rebuying an ungodly amount of times and then winning this seat. Also, satellites on stars are VERY soft. If you haven't played them you would be surprised. Games like the $215 sunday million have lots of fish in them and that is because of satellites.

And yes, you are right I feel quite stupid for what has happened so far. Still, I won and I want to get what I can for it. I mean worst case scenario I have to play. 2nd worst case scenario I travel to egypt and sell the ticket, then have a hella good vacation.
    • EagleStar88
      The only way would be to speak to PokerStars support to see if they would be prepared to transfer it into something that you can use.

Just bear in mind though that they are not obliged to help as you've mentioned the conditions for this particular tournament mentioned it was non-transferable.

Maybe you would lose the seat but get to keep the expenses element of it?

Good luck buddy and yeah be careful what you enter in future ;)

Nice win though,

• Jehudas
      what does package mean?
      you get a flight from anywhere you'd like? hotel all incl.?
      or is this a plain entry ticket to this egypt poker tourney (and maybe some fancy pokerstars-branded hat and towel)?

if the package is non-transferable why should it be possible to travel to egypt and sell the ticket to someone else (istn't there a name or anything on the ticket itself?)

nevertheless , gratz on the nice win :D
    • ZhiCheng
      go n ship it imo
    • gadget51
      Played a $5 sat last week. Got HU and guy was out of my league, so I called his AI on riv with nothing. He got seat (deserved) and I got $250. :)

Why not just play the tourney? You may cash, or at least learn something for free.
    • ihufa
      see it as a vacation and go play it/have fun. playing live tournaments that are way way out of your brm is pretty funny
    • Cardbender
      I mainly play satellites @ stars. In your situation I don't think you can sell the ticket. But usually if the flight is included in the package stars will deposit money into your account for travel etc.

I am not sure of the details of the satellite you entered some don't include flight etc..

If your going to grind satellites go for the 1-10$, 55$-800$ ticket ones you can cash in T$. For event qualifiers play ones that are cheap to attend or play the wsop satellites because they just deposit the 12k into your stars account.

• Anssi
      Play the event, sell 50-75% of your action.
    • SeriousThreat
      this sounds pretty.. epic. :D
      I would try to go for it, otherwise, there's a problem.