[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH OVP in 4bet pot OOP 146 BB deep

• mrkaktus
      mrkaktus
      Bronze
      Villain is after 82 hands 22/19/AF 2 (1.5/1/inf)/A freq 36 (42/18/50)/3bet 17 (30) 3bet OTB 17 (6), WTSD 50 (12), W$SD 50 (6)

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 876140
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $25.00
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      Hero (MP): $46.30
      CO: $48.55
      BTN: $36.86

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with K:diamond: K:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $3.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7.25, BTN calls $3.95

4bet PF is imo std although a little deep. In the case of his 5bet Im prepared to stackoff as I expect random reg on NL25 stackoff also w QQ, and AK (based on multiple experience). Imo I made mistake in sizing my 4bet - now I prefer sth between 9 - 10 (personally 10) not to give him odds to call w pocket pairs for set value calculating with implied odds.

Flop: ($14.85) 4:club: Q:diamond: 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7

After his call of my 4bet Im quite lost in putting him on range. I think it can be sth like pocket pairs but TT+ more often than 22 - 99, AKs, AKo (but I think with AKo he may find fold PF sometimes), plus some random broadway like AQo, AQs, AJ, QK etc. - but i think he will deffinitely fold them more than 60% maybe more than 70%.

cbeting is imo std - for value of Qx hands plus maybe JJ, TT and other random floats and also for protection against Ax (mostly AK) after calling I put him on Qx, AA, sets plus sometimes some random float as Ive already mentioned above.

Turn: ($28.85) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero calls $7

On turn Im completely confused. SPR is already 1:1 but I expect all worse hands to fold if I fire second barrel. So I decided to go for c/c. What about betting turn? If bet what sizing? bet full pot? or bet smalish maybe about 10 to set up pot for river shove if called?

Villains bet doesnt make sense for me. I dont know if it is thin value bet, attempt for cheap bluff or monster which wants value. Does anybody see fold here with odds 1:5 but on river we get so great odds to call if we check an villain bets again?

River: ($42.85) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15.61 all in, Hero calls $15.61

river is blank and I dont see any sense in leading and I also dont mind if river goes check check. After villain bets imo I have to put my money in with my OVP with 1:4 but I may be mistaken.

What range do you give villain on flop, turn and river?
      What would be the most optimal line in this spot? What betsizing?
      Can we find fold on turn or river?

thx for advice
  • 3 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

I dont't play BSS that much :f_biggrin:

He seems to 3bet quite some (small sample though). After your tiny 4bet he doesnt have to fold many, due to very good odds and position. I dont see him folding many PP's and SC's he'd 3bet with. AQ will still be in his range as well, I dont expect him to take this line postlflop with AQo.

I expect him to fold a lot on the flop though. So when he continues, he has a strong hand. Dont see him doing this with TT,JJ.

Most likely he will take this line with 99, QQ, AA (and JTs).

T.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      Yes, 4b bigger, youre oop and litle deep.
      Im cbetting 9 on the flop and shoving the turn. Hes not gonna fold Qx. I think you will miss alot of value trying to catch some small random bluff instead of vbeting your overpair. If he has AA its a cooler and if he decided to setmine you he made a mistake (it would be bigger mistake if you would 4b bigger). Just my 2 cents.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can´t really get away your hand postflop, so instead of calling small bet on the turn I think shove is fine there
      If he is b/f Qx it is fine, he may also b/c with draws if he floated on the flop and you´re going to call anyway blank river. So I think you can also put money in on the turn before some scary card comes and I think he won´t shove that often just Qx on the river, so you loose value if you don´t shove turn yourself