Moving up according to ROI

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hello all,
      I just read an article somewhere that a good ROI would be around 10%. If it's 20%, 30% or higher than the player should move up unto higher stakes.

My ROI at micro stakes is currently around 34%. Do you recommend moving up?
  • 3 replies
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
      How many games have you played?
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Almost 150 (sit n gos, mostly $2.25 BI and some MTTs). Very little I presume!

(I got my $50 exactly six weeks ago and currently standing at $150.)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I'm no expert, but I personally would stick to a sensible BRM and move up/down based solely on that. ROI is just an indicator of how your doing and is inaccurate on anything less than 1,000 Sngs/mtts or 100,000 cash game hands. Previous results in your sample might actually cloud how you are currently doing.

If you move outside of BRM you are risking losing your whole bankroll, irrespective of what your current ROI is. Variance happens, however good you are.

Just my own personal opinion, would be interested in hearing what the coaches and more experienced players have to say.

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: With $150, you should be looking only at <$3 sngs or <$1.50 mtts. Anything else and you risk losing the whole roll on your next variance hit.

Edit2: Nice progress though, well played and keep it up ;)