[NL2-NL10] pushing in straight draws and overcards on the flop

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) 9, Q, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $6.50, BB calls $4.90(All-In).

Turn: ($13) 3 (2 players)

River: ($13) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.

i thought that he was very often going to have something like 2 pair or a top pair with a draw there. i thought that i was likely to be a good with the nut OESD and overcards and the backdoor flush draw. how could i have played this hand better? call the flop? lead on the turn? or check call the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      I see 1 overcard I do not see overcard's'.

Plus if BB had AQ your only overcard is counterfeited. So is the case against a set.

So you are really just playing for a straight here. 8 clean outs, and if against a set there is always the redraw even if you made your straight on turn. Villain might have already made the NUT straight with KJ so you are playing for a draw with just 3 outs.

Plus BB's short stacked so there is not much to win with a straight.

I would fold on the flop here. Against a full stack I might do something different depending on the villain's type. But in general OESD is not a hand to go broke with.
    • psydreamer
      if he call preflop with 22-JJ it's a coinflip
      but if u add more hands to his range like KJ,AQ+ and others he get more equity
    • Kaitz20
      I think b/c is better on the flop
      You don´t have that great equity against hands that he is getting all-in, so better take your equity and evaluate on the turn