BRM for FL

• Ace8dia
      Ace8dia
      Bronze
      Hi all! :D

Quick question - on the PS.com FL Bankroll management article it says with the starting capital I should start playing .10c/.20c, as I only need 300 Big Bets, but on the Full Tilt Academy it says I should start playing at .05c/.10c as I need 500 Big Bets.

What does everyone think? Is it not better to start right at the bottom?

Cheers guys! :)

Ace8
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      300BB for fullring and 500BB for shorthanded is more than enough at micro limits if you want to move up through the limits relatively fast. 500BB at FR will only slow you down, there's really no need for that conservative BRM at the lowest limits. You can think about increasing the amount of BBs at 2/4+. Basically you should play at the limits where you're comfortable playing, there's really not much difference between 0.1/0.2 and 0.05/0.1 though.

Primzi
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      In general, what primzi said is recommended.
      Although I think the BRM is really dependent on personality. If you are comfortable moving down a limit when you need it + when you are not playing scared money when you move up a limit you can play apply more aggressive BRM and vice versa.
      E.g. I'm more of a conservative person and I hate moving down a limit => I use 600BB+ BRM (i play at 1/2 now). When I reach higher limits (see that I used "when" rather then "if"? ^^ :D ) I will apply something like 800-1kBB BRM.
    • firsttsunami
      firsttsunami
      Black
      it depends on your risk disposition. objectively judged it's better to stick to a 300BB management and climb up as fast as possible since the rake on the low limits is very high. but if you the type of guy who don't like to permanently climb up and down the limits, you should stick to a more conservative BRM like 500. more than 500 i don't recommend as you hinder yourself to reach the higher limits, playing against better opponents on one side but otherwise the rake is way less and why throwing all your money into the jaw of your pokerprovider? ;)

BRM is a question that's not able to be answered generally. it depends on your personal profile and charakter and how stable your mind is and how much you struggle with losses.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by firsttsunami
      BRM is a question that's not able to be answered generally. it depends on your personal profile and charakter and how stable your mind is and how much you struggle with losses.
      So the real answer is try a generic recommendation, then be diligent about adjusting it based on your experience (ie don't be afraid to loosen/tighten your BRM based on how you are handling the swings!).
    • Ace8dia
      Ace8dia
      Bronze
      Some good advise there guys! I think I will try the 300 BBs BR and see how I get on and then adjust accordingly.

cheers :D