[NL2-NL10] sick hand, advice

• OZSA
      I thought the guy who was beting nonstop, to have a set or some 2pair, now that I watch the fold is more clever but still, 3guys flush, sick ? the normal play would be 3bet turn, is it normal for everyone ? I wanted to call to see the river if its 1more heart I fold...but like this I sucked it big time..opinions

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 4 folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.4) T, 5, 6 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.30, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.3) 3 (3 players)
      SB bets $1.30, UTG2 calls $1.30, Hero calls $1.30.

River: ($5.2) Q (3 players)
      SB bets $10.00, UTG2 calls $8.77(All-In), Hero calls $9.27(All-In).

Final Pot: $33.24.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ten high(8 T).
      SB shows a flush, ace high(A J).
      UTG2 shows a flush, king high(K 2).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(A J).
  • 4 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      limping preflop is questionnable.

Flop you could raise with your TP + FD. But since pot was so small, calling is fine.

Turn action should already make you suspicious. You can raise/fold there if you don't feel like playing in the dark on the river. Also raising protects you from a redraw.

Easy fold after a river shove and a call. Of course you do not expect to see 2 flushes out there. But there is at least one nut flush. Stay away.

Don't persuade yourself that it's just set vs. set or straight vs. set. Everyone sees the 3 hearts out there and still 1 pushes and 1 calls. That should be more than enough info for you to fold.

If there was a push and a fold it would have been a tougher decision. But in general, in unraised multiway pots, don't go broke without the nuts.

You would have only lost $1.7 if you fold river. Now you lost almost $11.

It seems like you had a read or some sort of anger against on UTG2 that made you want to bluffcatch him... Well it certainly worked out well for him!
    • tokyoaces
      I think yeahyoung nailed it here.

Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      limping preflop is questionnable.
      In fact if you raised here for isolation and the SB calls your raise then this hand goes much smoother for you.

My guess is that you were playing a lot of tables when this hand came up and didn't follow all of the action.
    • OZSA
      If I iso pfr the SB would call with that AJs, and I cbet flop, he 3bet, and its allin, I cant fold top pair, and flushdraw on flop..so that wouldnt change alot.except the K2 wouldnt enter the hand
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just because it would have gone the same way with these two particular hands doesn't mean it wouldn't be more profitable when you think about it in ranges. If the limper is clearly a fish and you have a decent handle on how he plays (or even if you just want to test the waters) go ahead and isoraise. Calling is okay, it's a suited one-gaper and it plays somehow good multiway.

The only value in raising the flop would be to get it in against worse draws, it's certainly doable if you can put them on draws but given that you have a flushdraw yourself and you don't really know whether SB can lead out with a draw, chances are one of them has a better Tx sometimes and you don't really profit from getting it in unless you can make him fold those top pairs sometimes, which you shouldn't count on at nl10. I'm fine with calling, raising and getting it in isn't bad per se either.

Turn I don't mind the overall again, there is a chance you're good against both of them but they might not call a raise with worse hands.

River I'd have called against SB most likely but when UTG calls the overbet jam as well you're virtually never good.

Hope it helps.