UTG ($7.39)
      UTG+1 ($8.66)
      Hero ($10)
      MP1 ($14.80)
      MP2 ($8.48)
      CO ($9.50)
      BTN ($15.63)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($1) 3:spade: T:diamond: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP1 folds, SB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.40) 3:spade: T:diamond: K:diamond: 9:diamond:

SB bets $1.35, Hero folds

SB wins $2.24
  • 6 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      What I would be asking myself is ... if he really hit the flush why did he donk and not check-raise?

You are a little under 4:1 to make the nuts and it's a little unclear from one hand if he is always or never bluffing here. I would think most flushes go for the check-raise here so I would think you have at least 25% equity here. There's a lot of money left behind so you definitely have some implied odds.

Ultimately it seems pretty marginal either way.

It's worth noting that the way you bet preflop and flop encourages certain hands to play for implied odds. $0.70 is nothing on a draw when you still have $8.00 in your stack. Most Rush training material I've seen suggests that you can vary your raise size with your bigger hands because the table dynamics of Rush make that hard to detect over small samples. (They even recommend that as high as nl50.)
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      I agree the bet on flop should be bigger. There are multiple draw possibilities therefore an overbet might be necessary there.

As to the donk bet, villain might have the non-nut flush or a straight and tend to protect there, in case hero checks behind and a 4th flush comes.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

You are a little under 4:1 to make the nuts
      I'm under 3:1 and A-hi flush is not the nuts.

I would think you have at least 25% equity here

What are my supposed 12 outs here if I have ~25% equity? What range do you put opponent on?

0.70 is nothing on a draw when you still have $8.00 in your stack

I agree the bet on flop should be bigger.

It's a 4/5 pot bet. Why should I bet more? To commit myself against sets and flush/straights on the turn?

What I would be asking myself is ... if he really hit the flush why did he donk and not check-raise?

Yes, maybe a c/r would be standard if he hit the flush. But a flush is not the only thing that beats me. And why would I bet when all draws are completed on the turn?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      To me it is easy call on the turn
      Problem folding there aces is that you likely have outs against flush/two pair, but he can also lead out pair+flushdraw hands against which you have very good equity and in general I just don´t like folding aces with nut flushdraw when someone just donks into me on the turn
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      It's a 4/5 pot bet. Why should I bet more? To commit myself against sets and flush/straights on the turn?[/QUOTE]

0.7/1.0 = 3.5/5

I would make it close to $1 or even slightly over, say $1.2. Multiple draw = bigger cbets.

Why would $1.2 commits yourself while $.7 does not?
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      To me it is easy call on the turn. He can also lead out pair+flushdraw hands against which you have very good equity and in general I just don´t like folding aces with nut flushdraw when someone just donks into me on the turn
      Good point. Now I can see a monster draw betting there. But would you call again on river if river is a blank?