This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rush poker (full tilt) on the button

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I recently took a shot at Rush poker Cash game at Full tilt. Apart from being a very fast paced game it's unique in that a player faces a new table of opponents every hand so the whole 'reading your opponents' strategy goes out the window.

I like it however, because you can approach it very mathematically and (good) math can't go wrong. Every hand you reconsider your position, stack sizes, odds etc..

The problem I faced often was when on the button or in the blinds. In Rush there is A LOT of stealing and attempts to resteal. I'd say that 75% of the time there is a raise from the button.. now what to do if you're in the blinds with A10, AJ facing a raise from the button?

Also, you'd see there is a lot of aggressive play from the blinds because many assume the button is just trying to take the blinds. One particular hand: I faced a reraise (from the SB) with AQ on the button. It went all in preflop and his AJ won.

I think the range that you can open with from the blinds has to tighten up and even more so from the button.

Any comments?

Matt
  • 4 replies